News By Tag
News By Location
Acella Construction Corporation Completes South Shore YMCA Camp Hayward Dining Hall
The $2.5-million, ground-up project comprised the construction of a 10,000-square-
Anthony Dirubbo, Acella's vice president of operations, was the lead on this project. He has extensive experience in managing projects of this size and scope, and frequently works with Acella's clients on Cape Cod. Acella has previously collaborated with the South Shore YMCA, and is once again a sponsor of the organization's Enchanted Evening Gala, which will take place on November 5.
"The dining hall is a very important aspect of our camp," said Bruce Netherwood, Vice President of Camping & Social Responsibility. "In addition to being a time to come together as a group, dining halls can create the setting for healthy attitudes toward eating. The design and construction of our new dining hall fosters this atmosphere."
"We are grateful for our relationship with the South Shore YMCA, and for all that their organization does for the greater community," said Dave Dirubbo, president of Acella Construction. "We are excited to see this project come to fruition, and are glad to know that the realization of a more expansive dining hall will help many more girls realize their camping dreams, and contribute to their overall health and wellness."
About Acella Construction Corporation
Founded in 2003, Acella delivers a premium suite of construction management services, including design-build and pre-construction solutions for business owners, commercial real estate developers, and discerning institutional and retail clients. From ground-up construction and new additions to complex interior renovations and tenant build-outs, Acella's mission is to Build Better buildings, relationships and communities…
Recent clients include:
• Northeastern University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston University, Boston College
• Thayer Academy, Sacred Heart High School, Cardinal Spellman High School, Riverview School
• South Shore YMCA, Center for Coastal Studies, Hingham Historical Society/Heritage Museum, Boy Scouts of America, NVNA Hospice Home, New England Village, St. Luke's Church, Zoo New England
• South Boston Animal Hospital, Village Pediatrics, Doctors Express Urgent Care, Outer Cape Health, Oral Surgery South, Island Terrace Nursing Home
• edX, Lakeside Commons, Boston Properties, Morgan Stanley, Rockland Trust, Pier 1 Imports, Moe's Southwest Grill, Not Your Average Joe's, Panera Bread, The Urban Grape
• Cummaquid Golf Club, Wollaston Golf Club, Hyannis Yacht Club
About the South Shore YMCA
The South Shore YMCA is a nonprofit association committed to strengthening our communities by nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. Throughout the South Shore community, the SSYMCA engages more than 65,000 members and participants, nearly two-thirds of whom are children and teens, in over 100 different program areas across its six branches. The Y strives to serve our entire community and provides financial assistance to ensure every child, family and individual has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive through South Shore YMCA membership, programs and services.