Integrating SIP based Phone Systems with Paging and Intercom
The requirement for seamless integration of paging an intercom systems with IP based telephone system (VoIP Systems) based on the session initiation protocol SIP) continues to grow. Schools, corporate facilities, transportation-
Integrate using BARIX SIP Client Solution
Thanks to the Barix SIP client firmware, Barix devices address the integration seamlessly. When connected to a loudspeaker system, the Barix Exstreamer provides a SIP-based PA solution. Alternatively, a Barix Annunciom device provides a two-way intercom into the telephone system via a connected microphone.
The Barix SIP Client works with a wide range of SIP bases telephone systems. Consult the SIP Client Firmware release note at for a complete list, the SIP Client application is distributed with its source code, enabling further customization for Barix customers. https://www.premierelect.co.uk/
An application note, available for download from the Barix website, explains how to use BARIX SIP Client with Cisco Unified Call Manager. Visit the download section at under "HOW TO".
Message on Hold (MoH) and Background Music in a VoIP System
One challenge with IP-based telephone systems is that the telephone switch is no longer a dedicated device with an analog input for background music and MoH content. After all, the IP-based telephone PBX is just software (such as Cisco's Unified Communications Manager) and an Ethernet switch.
Barix provides a solution to solve this problem. The Barix Instreamer is the perfect device to feed existing analogue audio feeds into a VoIP system.
Find the application note "How to set Barix Instreamer as MoH source for Cisco Unified Call Manager" at
• Live IP Audio Encoder for Streaming Applications
• Source Encoder for IP Audio Distribution Applications
• Background Music and Music-on-Hold encoder for VoIP Applications
• Shoutcast/Icecast Source Encoder
• Low latency IP Audio Encoder for multichannel applications
• Confidence Monitoring and Vox Switch for Broadcast Applications
• G.711, G.722, PCM linear Encoding
• MP3 Encoding (low Latency)
• Shoutcast/Icecast Source capability
• Audio Level Supervision with SNMP Trap generation
• IP Streaming via TCP, UDP, RTP, Multicast
• Line Level Input (Stereo)
• RS-232 Serial Port
• Power Supply (micro USB)
Premier Electronics Ltd
Back To Index | PR Log at - PRLog.org/12582040