News By Tag
News By Place
Wyatt Bailey Elected as 2016-2017 President of Scottsdale Leadership's Board of Directors
Upward Projects Co-Founder and Partner takes the Helm of Respected Leadership Organization
"It's an exciting time for Scottsdale Leadership,"
"A pioneer in the Valley's culinary foodie scene, Wyatt brings with him an expertise of building community and a sense of place around his restaurants Postino WineCafe, Joyride Taco House, Federal Pizza, Churn and Windsor, while also understanding compliance and best practices of organizations as he is a Partner at Meagher & Geer, P.L.L.P. . "
Scottsdale Leadership features a challenging nine-month program designed to educate participants about all facets of their community, its services and organizations. Graduates have gone on to serve on the Scottsdale City Council, boards and commissions and in leadership roles for many non-profit organizations.
"This year, we are welcoming our biggest class in our thirty-year history, paving a pathway for community leadership, volunteerism and civil discourse," says Bailey. "We have a great board of directors, along with a tremendous foundation of growth set by our prior board of directors, volunteer alumni, staff and community partners whose focus is to influence our communities, neighborhoods, places of businesses or nonprofit organizations as servant leaders. I couldn't be more proud to step into the footsteps of many great leaders before me."
Executive Committee members also joining Mr. Bailey include:
President-elect Kim Dodds, Ph.D.; Scottsdale Unified School District;
• Past president, David Nelson, Nationwide Insurance;
• Treasurer, Joe Holmes, Univar, and;
• Secretary, Andy Jacobs, Policy Development Group, Inc.
• Maire Simington, Ph.D., Banner Health
• Lindsey Lindhorst, Paragon Partners, LLC.
• Prescott Smith, Technical Solutions
• Gretchen Caraway, Department of Economic Security
• David Wilson, Nationwide Insurance
• Verle Martz, Salt River Materials Group
• Merle Riepe, Ph.D., Silverstone Group
• Kate Coulson, American Traffic Solutions
• Deidra Viberg, ON Media Publications
• Suzee Smith-Everhard, Cox Communications
• Liz Kaplan, Arizona Coyotes Foundation
• Kevin Maxwell, Troon Technology
• Darin Shebesta, Raymond James Financial
• Andrew Armstrong, Zivelo
For more information, please visit. http://www.scottsdaleleadership.org
Margaret Leichtfuss, Executive Director