Cardiovascular Surgical and Interventional Procedures Reveal Cardio Tech Outlook, According to New MedMarket Diligence Report
The outlook for growth in cardiovascular medicine and technology is modest overall, but with clinical trends, cardio technology, and market development having variable impacts around the world, one must look at the geographically-specific dynamics of surgical and interventional procedures.
"In order to be effective, manufacturers, investors, healthcare providers, advisors, and others in cardiology and vascular markets need to understand the dynamics of individual cardiovascular device markets," says Patrick Driscoll of MedMarket Diligence. "At the root of understanding the market is gauging the current and future demand for specific medical and surgical procedures."
MedMarket Diligence has published a comprehensive resource available to manufacturers, investors, and others with interest in cardiovascular technologies. "Global Dynamics of Surgical and Interventional Cardiovascular Procedures, 2015-2022," is a worldwide forecast and analysis of cardiovascular procedures and medical devices and other products.
The report reveals, for each cardiovascular condition, the clinical practice patterns, disease prevalence/incidence, the impact of technology developments through the forecast period, local geographic market drivers and limiters, and other impacts arising from, or impacting, each medical technology's emerging role for that condition.
The report covers surgical and interventional therapeutic procedures commonly used in the management of acute and chronic conditions affecting the myocardium and vascular system. The latter include ischemic heart disease (and its life threatening manifestations like AMI, cardiogenic shock, etc.); heart failure; structural heart disorders (valvular abnormalities and congenital heart defects); peripheral artery disease (and limb and life threatening critical limb ischemia); aortic disorders (AAA, TAA and aortic dissections);
The report offers current assessment and projected procedural dynamics (2015 to 2022) for primary market geographies (e.g., United States, Largest Western European Countries, and Major Asian States) as well as the rest of the world.
Methodology. The MedMarket Diligence procedural assessments and forecasts are based on the systematic analysis of a multiplicity of sources including (but not limited to):
- Latest and historic company SEC filings, corporate presentations, and interviews with product management and marketing staffers;
- Data released by authoritative international institutions (such as OECD and WHO), and national healthcare authorities;
- Statistical updates and clinical practice guidelines from professional medical associations (like AHA, ACC, European Society of Cardiology, etc.);
- Specialty presentations at major professional conferences (e.g., TCT, AHA Scientific Sessions, EuroPCR, etc.);
- Publications in major medical journals (JAMA, NEJM) and specialty magazines (CathLab Digest, Endovascular Today, etc.);
- Findings from relevant clinical trials;
- Feedback from leading clinicians (end-users) in the field on device/procedure utilization trends and preferences;
- Policy papers by major medical insurance carriers on uses of particular surgical and interventional tools and techniques, their medical necessity and reimbursement.
Surgical and Interventional Procedures Covered
- Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery;
- Coronary angioplasty and stenting;
- Coronary mechanical and laser atherectomy;
- Coronary mechanical thrombectomy;
- Lower extremity arterial bypass surgery;
- Percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) with and without bare metal and drug-eluting stenting;
- Peripheral drug-coated balloon angioplasty;
- Peripheral mechanical and laser atherectomy;
- Surgical and endovascular aortic aneurysm repair;
- Vena cava filter placement;
- Endovenous ablation;
- Mechanical venous thrombectomy;
- Venous angioplasty and stenting;
- Carotid endarterectomy;
- Carotid artery stenting;
- Cerebral thrombectomy;
- Cerebral aneurysm and AVM surgical clipping;
- Cerebral aneurysm and AVM coiling & flow diversion;
- Heart valve repair and replacement surgery;
- Transcatheter valve repair and replacement;
- Congenital heart defect repair;
- Percutaneous and surgical placement of temporary and permanent mechanical cardiac support devices;
- Pacemaker implantation;
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator placement;
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy device placement;
- Standard SVT ablation;
- Surgical AFib ablation; and
- Transcatheter AFib ablation
Report #C500, "Global Dynamics of Surgical and Interventional Cardiovascular Procedures, 2015-2022", is described in full at link. The report may be purchased for download at link.
For information, contact Patrick Driscoll, +1.949.891.1753 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MedMarket Diligence, LLC