News By Tag
News By Place
Follow on Google News
Nuts and Bolts of Elder Law and Estate Administration (2015)
Book For Sale: $65.00 Program Speakers Include: Kenneth A. Vercammen, Esq., William P. Isele, Esq., Martin A. Spigner, Esq., Adam P. Dubeck, Esq.
Elder law continues to offer the legal profession a booming
opportunity for growth. As your current clients continue to grow older,
you need to position yourself to be able to offer them and their
families the legal services required by the elderly in today's society.
Or, you may be looking for lucrative areas in which to expand your
current practice, including administering their estates.
This practical program is designed to provide the nuts and bolts of elder law practice & estate administration
practice to general practitioners and young lawyers, as well as to more
experienced lawyers seeking to expand into this field. A highly
authoritative and experienced panel of elder law attorneys & estate
planners will share proven techniques and experience it would take you
years to gather on your own. You'll also gain insight on how Federal
Medicaid Reform will impact your practice.
Program Topics Included:
• Why Have a Will? - Gathering information;
• Powers of Attorney - Types of POAs; what should be included; why clients need them; POAs and Living Wills; sample forms
• Living Trusts (Revocable/Irrevocable)
• Basic Tax Considerations - Jointly-held property; "I love you" Will; no Will at all; insurance owned by client; unlimited marital deduction; estate planning in the testamentary document;sample forms/letters
• Estate Administration - New Probate Law in New Jersey - Probate process; duties of executor/fiduciary;
• Medicaid Planning in Light of Federal Medicaid Reform - Countable assets of Medicaid applicant; income cap/Medical needy standard; look-back period; transfers of property; personal residence; Medicaid estate recovery rules; probate; undue influence; competency