News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
Human Resources Management Provider, AccessPoint, Partners with BCBS Michigan for Employee He
Partnership streamlines and improves access to quality affordable health coverage for client employers
Through this partnership, BCBS of Michigan becomes AccessPoint's exclusive sponsored health plan provider for the state of Michigan providing access to ten unique programs sourced through and administered by AccessPoint. The new relationship becomes effective October 1 2016.
"Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan is the premier health care insurance provider for the State of Michigan, our largest market. We are pleased to provide our clients simplified access to vital, quality health care coverage," said Packer. "Specifically, our arrangement with BCBS will allow AccessPoint to deliver streamlined access for small and medium sized employers, equivalent to what significantly larger employers typically can provide."
Advantages for AccessPoint clients, according to Packer, include:
· Compliance with the employer responsibilities mandated by the Affordable Care Act (ACA) applicable to their size and type of business or organization. These are employer responsibilities not delivered as part of most health insurance programs.
· Improved, administrative procedures for enrollments and terminations with a collaborative online system.
· Consolidated billing with AccessPoint handling all needed payments to BCBS of Michigan.
"ACA compliance oversight is critical and one of the key values that AccessPoint adds to the human resources management equation. We help groups navigate the extremely complex and technical aspects of the law so they can grow their companies while AccessPoint takes care of their employees." Packer noted.
This new relationship with BCBS of Michigan further exemplifies the full service approach to human resources management taken by AccessPoint. In the area of health benefits and administration, AccessPoint helps organizations:
· Access the best possible, most cost-effective programs.
· Continuously monitor state and federal compliance issues and advise accordingly.
· Carefully track program costs as well as changing program requirements.
· Manage COBRA participants.
· Monitor and record employee-related benefits to fulfill formal reporting requirements, related to general accounting, tax reporting, workers compensation or risk management programs.
"This partnership allows us to deliver the best of all worlds. We can deliver solutions on our own and we can collaborate with independent insurance agents to support their clients HR and benefits needs. It's all about delivering cost effective solutions to the employer community and that is a priority for BCBS and AccessPoint"
In the next 12 to 18 months, it's expected the new BCBS partnership will impact two to three thousand people employed by companies utilizing the health plans administered by AccessPoint.