GovComm Introduces Doppler Radar to the Intelligent Transportation System Market
Our forward looking sensor's wide beam keeps objects in its field of view far longer than our side-fired narrow-beamed competitors. GovComm technology allows us to analyze and report driving behavior with minimized occlusions and increased accuracy.
GovComm's forward looking ITS Doppler radar provides high-speed accuracy and is very suitable for vehicle monitoring applications. Our forward looking sensor has a wide beam that keeps objects in its field of view far longer than our side-fired narrow-beamed competitors. GovComm radar analyzes driving behavior with minimized occlusions and increased accuracy. The traffic data we provide is more meaningful to traffic management centers.
GovComm microwave sensors incorporate Doppler radar technology allowing a single band to monitor traffic flowing in any direction. Legacy radar systems employ multiple-band single-directional technology. The older technology is larger in size and required to be mounted high above the roadside while it captures a short glimpse of traffic. GovComm single band Doppler radar by comparison is much smaller, is easily mounted at a moderate height and configurable to capture traffic data in approaching or receding traffic.
GovComm GC-R Series Traffic Sensor Key Features:
1. Counting and Classification - traffic detection data including presence, volume, classification, occupancy and speed data for the lanes it is configured to monitor
2. Incident and Wrong Way Detection (vehicle moving opposite to the defined direction of traffic)
3. Measures up to 64 simultaneous stationary and moving targets
4. Robust 24GHz frequency band
5. Excellent performance in adverse conditions
6. NEMA TS2 and High Velocity Wind Certified
7. All inclusive - each system is sold complete with a microwave sensor, attachable junction box, 3D mounting bracket, serial to Ethernet secure terminal server, power supply and cable
8. Simple installation and configuration – uses a pole mount position (roadside) on standard infrastructure and can also be mounted on a gantry
9. Provides high availability and accurate data
For more information and to schedule a microwave sensor demonstration, contact your GovComm representative.
GovComm is an industry leader in Intelligent Transportation System equipment and technologies. Our ITS equipment is ISO 9001 manufactured and developed, then laboratory tested ensuring that a series of standards that define, establish and maintain an effective quality assurance system is in place to guarantee our customers receive the highest quality products existing in the market.
For more information on GovComm, Inc. please visit: www.GovComm.us
305-937-2000 x 7101