Shalyn Gerlach, LMSW, Joins Hope Springs Behavioral Consultants

Shalyn Gerlach, a Licensed Masters of Social Work has joined Hope Springs Behavioral Consultants as a psychotherapist.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - June 23, 2016 - PRLog -- Shalyn Gerlach Joined Hope Springs Behavioral Consultants of Coralville, IA.
Shalyn is a 2016 graduate of the University of Northern Iowa where she earned my Masters of Social Work degree with a major concentration in trauma informed care and solution focused therapy.

She brings strong clinical skills to Hope Springs, and has previous experience with the UIHC child psychiatry inpatient unit, as well as the adult and child psychiatry outpatient clinics at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.

Additional skills that she offers her patients at Hope Springs Behavioral Consultants:

• Collaboration and problem solving with various treatment teams
• Awareness of cultural competency
• Experience with financial resources, including: insurance coverage options, the social security process, and resources for all age groups with a variety of diagnoses
• Implementation of different psychotherapy approaches: cognitive behavior therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, solution focused therapy and psycho-educational therapy
• Leadership developed through co-facilitating (DBT) dialectical behavior therapy groups on an outpatient and inpatient basis.

She effectively communicates and works with state-wide agencies, including nursing facilities, residential care facilities, attorneys, county case managers, Social Security Administration, Iowa Department of Human Services, and mental health service providers.

She strives to not only prove loyalty to patients and their families, but also clinical warmth and patient-centered care.

What is a Licensed Masters of Social Work?
Clinical social workers provide mental health services for the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of mental, behavioral, and emotional disorders in individuals, families, and groups. Their goal is to enhance and maintain their patients' physical, psychological, and social function. Clinical social workers must have a master's or doctorate degree in social work, with an emphasis on clinical experience. They must undergo a supervised clinical field internship and have at least 2 years of postgraduate supervised clinical social work employment. Clinical social workers are approved providers in most insurance and managed care plans, and practice in the following settings:

• Private practice
• Medical facilities (e.g., hospitals)
• Mental health clinics
• Schools
• Community organizations

Clinical social workers are licensed in the State of Iowa. Requirements are prescribed by state law and include education, supervision, experience, and a written examination.

Please visit our website at for more information.

Cindy Nichols Anderson, Ph.D., ABPP
Owner, Board Certified Clinical Child Psychologist
Email:*** Email Verified
Tags:Iowa City Psychologist, Coralville Psychologist, Coralville Therapist
Location:Iowa City - Iowa - United States
Account Email Address Verified     Account Phone Number Verified     Disclaimer     Report Abuse

Like PRLog?
Click to Share