Everything Foreigners Need to Know about Getting Married in Hong Kong

CAUSEWAY BAY, Hong Kong - June 4, 2016 - PRLog -- Nowadays, destination wedding has becomes very popular internationally. Some information shows that about one in four couples in many countries, including the United Kingdom and United States, goes for destination weddings.

Because of its simple procedure and high reputation, Hong Kong has been one of the most popular destinations for marriage registration. It is very common to see foreigner couples getting married in Hong Kong. If you plan to tie the knot in Hong Kong, read on to ensure you know about some facts about getting married here.

Can Tourists Get Married in Hong Kong?
There is no residential requirement to register a marriage in Hong Kong. No matter you are a tourist, employee with working visa or temporary resident, you are qualified to get married in Hong Kong.

How to Make a Marriage Application from Overseas?
For foreigners staying overseas, it is necessary to file a Notice of Intended Marriage within 3 months from the wedding day. You will have to complete the application forms and notarize them in front of a Notary before sending all required documents with the necessary fees to the Hong Kong marriage office.

The Notice is good for 3 months. After that time, you must file a new Notice if you have not married. Therefore, it is important that the forms have been completed and notarized properly or you may have to start from the first step all over again.

What are the Required Documents?

To file a Notice, your passports are required. If you have been previously married, you must also show documents proving the previous marriages had been terminated. For those who are between 16 and 21 years old, a written consent from parent or legal guardian is also required. Teens younger than 16 is not allowed to get married in Hong Kong.

When Should You Arrive in Hong Kong?

After the paperwork is done, you can prepare to book your flight and hotel! Generally, you only need to arrive in Hong Kong a few days before your wedding day for making declarations at the marriage office. Then you are ready for the big day!

Who Will Celebrate the Wedding Ceremony?

For wedding ceremony held at the Hong Kong Marriage Registry, an official registrar of marriages will authenticate the wedding ceremony and sign on your marriage certificate. Two wedding witnesses are required in the ceremony. After the ceremony, you will receive the marriage certificate immediately.

What if Extra Copies of Marriage Certificate are Required?

In case you need more copies of the marriage certificate, it can be ordered for an additional charge.

Is Same-sex Marriage Allowed in Hong Kong?

Sorry that same-sex marriage is not legal in Hong Kong. The Hong Kong government does not recognize same-sex marriage legally as of the time of writing.

Still Have Questions?

Please visit our website at http://starthongkongmarriage.com for more information about Hong Kong marriage registration. If you wish to have more information relevant to YOUR scenario, please send an email to wedding@startconsultant.com or fill out the contact form in 30 seconds at http://www.starthongkongmarriage.com/contact to get FREE advices for YOUR situation.

StartHongKongMarriage.com by Star T Consultant
Source: » Follow
Email:***@startconsultant.com Email Verified
Tags:Hong Kong Marriage, Destination Wedding, Marrying abroad
Location:Causeway Bay - Hong Kong Island - Hong Kong
Account Email Address Verified     Account Phone Number Verified     Disclaimer     Report Abuse
Page Updated Last on: Jun 04, 2016
StartHongKongMarriage.com by Star T Consultant PRs
Trending News
Most Viewed
Top Daily News

Like PRLog?
Click to Share