Full Figured Fashion Week to Pay Tribute to Plus Runway Icons With Legends Showcase
"It's important that we honor and showcase the women who were the trailblazers for the curvy faces that have become household names today," says DeVoe, who herself was a former plus model. "It is important to the history of the industry to know the names and faces of the icons who took the first steps down the catwalk and broadened the definition of beauty in fashion all those years ago."
The "Legends" runway show will feature some of the women who paved the way for the equal modeling opportunity for the plus models of today including:
• Emme, the first plus size supermodel
• Sharon Quinn, former Wilhelmina model, contestant on Mo'nique's FAT Chance
• Lisa Scott, former IPM model
• Alexandra Boos, former plus model turned writer and actress
• Chyna McGarity, former MSA model
• Kim Baker, former Wilhelmina model now celebrity makeup artist
• Terri Murray, plus size intimates fit model signed with Ford
• Wyinnetka Aaron, Dorothy Coombs model
The Legends Showcase also marks the return of Lane Bryant to Full Figured Fashion Week as a sponsor after a brief hiatus.
For more information about the Legends Showcase or to purchase tickets, visit Eventbrite here (https://www.eventbrite.com/
For press inquiries, contact Tamara Walker at tamara@qmedia-
ABOUT FULL FIGURED FASHION WEEK®
Full Figured Fashion Week (FFFWeek®) is produced by DeVoe Signature Events (DSE), a boutique events management company with an extensive background in the production of fashion-related events and a strong and effective mix of proven plus industry experience and success. With over 20 years of fashion event production in the plus size industry, Full Figured Fashion Week and DSE continue to receive accolades throughout the plus community and national and international media coverage of the event. For more information on Full Figured Fashion Week, visit www.fffweek.com.