The Prescription Drug Epidemic
From opiates to heroin, prescription drugs are often the cheaper choice, although the real cost is significant.
By: Thomas Gagliano
Interview opportunity: Life Coach and addiction specialist Thomas Gagliano discusses the root of addiction, when and why it starts and the keys to battling this epic disease.
· Drug addiction does not discriminate - it affects the wealthy, poor, all ethnicities and religions.
· If a child grows up fragmented, addiction will be his coping mechanism.
· 90 percent of addicts begin taking drugs before the age of 24.
· Fear of intimacy is often the root cause of addiction.
· A child needs at least one healthy person to show him that he matters.
· Why addiction is so powerful
· Keys to sobriety
Life Coach and addiction specialist Thomas Gagliano is an author and keynote speaker who has helped institutions and individuals nationwide with his unique approach to parenting and relationships. Tom holds a Master's degree in social work and has also emerged as a high profile leader in the world of addiction and self-help therapy. His first book, The Problem Was Me, landed on the bestseller list, and his second title, Don't Put Your Crap in Your Kid's Diaper, was released September 2015. Having been a bully, worked through anger issues, and overcome addictions of his own, Tom teaches from experience and from a heart that has been through it all and then some! http://www.thomasgagliano.com/
Page Updated Last on: May 05, 2016