News By Tag
News By Place
Child Abuse Prevention Center Raises $150,000 to Help Children Threatened by Abuse and Neglect
By: Child Abuse Prevention Center
Littler Mendelson; Jewell Family Foundation; Inco-Check, Inc.; Capital Group; Wells Fargo Private Bank; Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher; US Bank; Wells Fargo Home Mortgage; Crescent Capital Group; Canterbury Consulting; William Blair & Company; Lazard Asset Management; Brandywine Global; Columbia Threadneedle Investments;
"We are incredibly thankful for the outpouring of support," said Athena Wong, board chair of the Child Abuse Prevention Center (http://www.brightfutures4kids.org/
The gala also featured presentations to three local Champions of Children honorees:
• Mark Thompson, star of "Mark In The Morning" on 100.3 The Sound, Los Angeles' #1 FM rock station, who has been working in radio for 45 years and hosting morning radio for 35 years.
• Nithin Jilla, a young passionate educator, adventurer and social entrepreneur who champions educating and empowering the next generation of innovators.
• Bill and Bonnie Barrington, a significant and consistent force of good in the Newport Beach area for the past 40 years.
Featured auction packages included:
• St. Regis Resort 2-Night Staycation
• Zov's Bistro Dinner with Wine Pairing
• Palm Desert 3-Night Getaway
• Silverthorne, Colorado Week of Luxury
• 6-Course Dinner and Wine Pairing by Chef David Wilhelm
• Mark in the Morning Experience
• Lakers Package (includes autographed Kobe X Elite Lows, $200 towards Lakers tickets/merchandise, $200 gift card to Fleming's, autographed photo of Julius Randle)
The Child Abuse Prevention Centeris dedicated to serving at-risk children and families with programs that prevent and break the generational cycle of child abuse, teen pregnancy and family violence. Since 1983, the CAPC has served more than 300,000 Orange County children and parents. What's more, 91 cents of every dollar donated goes directly to fund programs and last year, the Child Abuse Prevention Center helped over 40,000 children and parents.
About the Child Abuse Prevention Center
The Child Abuse Prevention Center is dedicated to serving at-risk children and families in crisis. As Orange County's leading not-for-profit organization focused exclusively on the prevention of child abuse, the early intervention programs of the Prevention Center have a well-documented record of working to prevent child abuse before it occurs.
For more information please visit: www.BrightFutures4Kids.org or become a fan at www.facebook.com/