News By Tag
News By Place
Taproom on 19th and Philly Mobile Food Truck Association Present New Brews and Bites Block Party
Taproom on 19th (2400 S. 19th) and the Philly Mobile Food Truck Association celebrate the return of spring with the debut of "Tappin' The Trucks, Brews n' Bites Block Party" on Saturday, April 16, 2016, from Noon to 7:00pm.
Tappin' The Trucks will bring some of the city's most popular food trucks to South Philadelphia for an all-day block party, including The Cow and the Curd, Oink and Moo BBQ, Foolish Waffles, Sweet Box, and Taproom's neighbor, T&N Homemade Kitchen.
Local breweries will include Forest & Main Brewing Company, Weyerbacher Brewing, Neshaminy Creek Brewing Company, Stone & Key Cellars, Yards Brewing Company, plus local distiller Rowhouse Spirits Distillery.
"We wanted to welcome back outdoor dining and drinking season in a big way," says Taproom co-owner Michael Strauss. "We tapped some of our favorite food trucks and breweries for an afternoon of everything we love - great local beer and an amazing food experience. Tappin' the Trucks is also another way to thank our neighbors for their support, while giving the rest of the city another reason to visit South Philly."
Food offerings for the day will include:
The Cow and The Curd
• Wisconsin Battered Fried Cheese Curds $9
• Signature Dipping Sauces: Sriracha Mayo, Chipotle Ranch, Smoky Ketchup $0.50 each
• Sprecher Root Beer & Cream Soda $4
• Pork Belly Banh Mi Waffle (veggie/tofu option available) $9/$8 for veggie option
• Fried Chicken and Waffle $10
• Liege "Sugar" Waffles $5 plain/$6 with topping
• Hot Italian Sausage with Peppers and Onions $9
T&N HomeMade Kitchen
• Cubano Paesano-- Homemade Italian roast pork with grilled prosciutto, provolone cheese, pickles and mustard on a seeded Italian roll, served panini-style $8
• Better than Pete's Fries or Tots-- Fries or tots tossed in our special blend of Creole seasoning and lumped crab meat, drizzled with our homemade cheese sauce $7
• Cheese Steaks or Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls-- House-rolled cheesesteak rolls served with homemade spicy ketchup, or house-rolled cheesesteak rolls served with homemade bleu cheese dressing, one for $3 or two for $5
• Phried Hoagies-- Italian hoagies dipped in Tempura batter and fried $5
Oink and Moo BBQ
• Brisket Sliders $9
• Pulled Pork Sliders $9
• Pulled Pork Tacos $8
• Chipotle Chicken Tacos $8
• Baby Back Ribs $12
• Black Bean Quesadilla $6
• Bacon Maple Pancake $5
• Fubfetti Cake Batter Bars $5
• Cookie Dough Brownies $5
• Candied Bacon Rice Crispy Treats $5
The draft and cocktail list will include:
• Weyerbacher Brewing - IPA #1, Line St Pilsner, Blasphemy
• Neshaminy Creek Brewing Company - Hefeweizen, JAWN, Cranberry Wit
• Stone & Key Cellars - Untamed, Cherry Pie, Orange Sangria
• Yards Brewing Company - Philly Pale, Saison, Old Bartholomew
• Rowhouse Spirits Distillery - Cucumber Lime Gin Chiller cocktail
• Forest & Main Brewing Company - TBD
For more information about Taproom on 19th, visit www.taproomon19th.com, call 267-687-7817, follow @TaproomOn19th or like Tap Room on 19th on Facebook.
ABOUT TAPROOM ON 19TH:
On November 8, 2013, current owners Michael Strauss and Pete Fry took over ownership of Taproom on 19th and revamped the South Philadelphia staple into a top destination for local and seasonal upscale pub fare, 14 rotating taps of craft beer (including a cask engine), a classic cocktail menu, a knowledgeable staff and a warm vibe. For more information, visit www.taproomon19th.com, call 267-687-7817 or follow @TaproomOn19th on Twitter.