News By Tag
News By Location
IT Project Manager & Executive Leads Unique Business Requirements Gathering Workshop
25-Year IT executive to lead "The Psychology, Art, and Science of Gathering Business Requirements Workshop" in Memphis on May 10. This is in partnership with the Memphis Chapter of the Project Management Institute (PMI).
By: Anthony R. Reed, CPA, PC
Do you want to learn how to solve this problem? Invest in this one day event.
"The Psychology, Art, and Science of Gathering Business Requirements"
(Note: This workshop is taught by a Project Management Institute Registered Education Provider.)
Date: May 10, 2016
Time: 8:00AM to 5:00PM
Location: University of Phoenix, 65 Germantown Ct, Ste. 100,
Cordova TN 38018, Classroom: 111
Lunch will be provided.
The first ten registrants will receive a copy of Anthony Reed's latest book (second edition, 208 pages), Running to Leadership: What Finishing 100+ Marathons On All Seven Continents Teaches Us About Success.
To register, visit
Early bird discounts are available. Registration Closes: May 8, 2016
During the workshop, you'll learn
- Historical overview of IT projects and methodologies
- The components of the project equation
- The art of managing stakeholders
- How to create and position your team members to obtain the business requirements
- Encourage your internal/external clients to read the requirements
- Techniques to verify the requirements
- How to document and present the requirements using simple tools
- Hands-on, case study
This seminar is based on over twenty-five years of first-hand, project management experiences. This includes developing custom software applications, as well as upgrading and implementing packaged applications on high profile, multi-million dollar, and/or international projects. The projects were for small businesses, Fortune 500 companies, quasi-governmental, and governmental agencies. Some of the applications included
- Financial (GL, AR, AP, cash management, budget, tax, financial reporting)
- Manufacturing (supply chain, BOM, shipping logistics, procurement, packaging, WIP, receiving, quality)
- Sales (order entry, credit verification, credit/debit card processing, customer management, POS, RMA)
- Human Resources (payroll, compensation, recruiting, payroll taxes, job/position management)
- Legal (document management)
- Governmental entities (city, educational, federal, airport, law enforcement, fee collections, encumbrance accounting, toll tag, student registration, financial aid)
Each situation represented learning experiences that we'll share during the seminar.
About the Instructor
Anthony Reed, CPA, PMP is an IT professional with over twenty-five years in management and executive positions for various Fortune 500 companies, governmental entities, and large consulting firms. Some of the firms included Texas Instruments, Siemens, Motel 6, Ernst & Young, Dallas/Ft. Worth International Airport, and the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas. The responsibilities included managing multi-million dollar departmental budgets and staffing blends of international, multi-generational, multi-cultural employees and consultants.
He's been interviewed on television, radio, and webcast programs and featured in the business, travel, and sports sections of major newspapers and publications across the country. This includes the PMI Today, Dallas Morning News, Runner's World, Southern Living, Ebony, and the Journal of Accountancy.
He holds two graduate degrees and two undergraduate degrees. He's also taught collegiate business management, IT, accounting, and project management courses. He's served on the Board of Directors for the Oracle Applications Users Group (OAUG), Ft. Worth's Jubilee Theatre, the Dallas White Rock Marathon, and various local and international not-for-profit organizations.
He has spoken at over 100 national and international business, leadership, supply chain planning, project management, accounting, and IT conferences. He has five books and over fifty articles published. The articles have appeared in ComputerWorld, Datamation, Career Focus, and Runner's World magazines. His book, entitled Finding the I in TEAM: Better Team Building Through Individual Building, focuses on building stronger team members. His latest book is Running to Leadership: What Finishing 100+ Marathons On All Seven Continents Teaches Us About Success.
As a Certified Running Coach, he completed 128 marathons (26.2 miles/42.2K)
Anthony Reed, CPA, PC