Czech Air Force Update: Latest developments on the new 2018 NATO International Joint Training Centre
SMi's Fast Jet Pilot Training Eastern Europe conference, taking place in Prague, Czech Republic, will discuss the implementation of new technologies such as simulated flight training and advanced aircraft into current pilot training systems.
Against this backdrop, SMi is proud to announce that Fast Jet Pilot Training Eastern Europe, taking place on 9-10 June 2016 in Prague, is being held with support from the Czech Air Force. The two-day event will provide the ideal platform to discuss the implementation of new technologies such as simulated flight training and new advanced trainer aircraft into current pilot training systems for improved interoperability amongst regional partners, as well as conversion to more modern fighter jets in the wake of higher operational demands.
Key presentations at Fast Jet Pilot Training Eastern Europe include:
1. Overview of the New International Training Centre
Brigadier General Libor Stefanik, Commander, Czech Air Force
Brigadier General Libor Stefanik, Commander, Czech Air Force will discuss why the new centre is needed for the Eastern European region and how it will improve interoperability of NATO pilots during missions.
2. The Czech Approach to Fast Jet Pilot Training
Colonel Petr Tomanek, Chief of Combat Training, Czech Air Force
Gain insight into the current synthetic training programmes in place to assist the training of new pilots, and find out what the Czech Air Force is doing to improve the capabilities of its fast jet pilots. Adaption of training regimes to meet increased pilot numbers, and the prospect of permanently buying and increasing Gripen numbers will also be highlighted.
3. The Czech Air Force's Air Combat Capabilities
Colonel Petr Hromek, Commander of the 21st Tactical Air Force Base, Czech Air Force
Receive a case study oN Czech pilot participation in NATO Air Policing Missions and military operations abroad. Discussion will also be centred on the operational history of the Gripen in Czech service and how this has greatly enhanced Czech Air Defence capabilities.
Fast Jet Pilot Training Eastern Europe is proud to be sponsored by CAE, Draken International, Aero Vodochody/Omnipol, VR Group and Zlin Aircraft, who are all confirmed to present throughout the two-day event.
Presentations from some of our sponsors include:
• Feasibility and Sustainability of Jet Pilot Training in the 21st century
Jakub Fojtik, Head of Business Department - Defence & MRO Division, Aero Vodochody
• Simulation and Air Force Integrated Training System
Ivo Gamba, Technical Director, VR Group
Plus, join us for the Complimentary Site Visit to Aero Vodochody's Production Facility
At the end of Day One, SMi is proud to announce that our lead sponsor Aero Vodochody, will be hosting drinks reception and site visit, showcasing their latest aircraft models, including the L-39 GN, in their main hangar facility. Join us and network with leading jet training experts from the region in this unique and exciting environment.
Unlike other events, Fast Jet Pilot Training Eastern Europe stands out as the most senior and focused Fast Jet Training meeting in the region, with over 10 Air Force Commanders and Senior Training Officers confirmed to speak.
Key Industry Speakers:
• Jakub Fojtik, Head of Business Department - Defence & MRO Division, Aero Vodochody/Omnipol
• Ivo Gamba, Technical Director, VR Group
• Saint Lehtinen, Business Development Director, Draken International
• Peter Eadie, Strategy and Business Development Manager - Defence and Security, CAE
Host Nation Keynote Speakers:
• Tomas Kuchta, Deputy Minister for Industrial Cooperation and Defence Industry Management, Ministry of Defence of the Czech Republic
• Brigadier General Stefanik, Commander, Czech Air Force
• Major General Bohuslav Dvorak, Former Deputy Chief of General Staff, Czech Armed Forces
• Colonel Petr Tomanek, Chief of Combat Training, Czech Air Force
• Colonel Petr Hromek, Commander of the 21st Tactical Air Base, Czech Air Force
• Colonel Jiri Kacer, Head of Department of Air Force and Aircraft Technology, University of Defence, Czech Republic
Regional Expert Speakers:
• Major General Max Nielsen, Chief of Air Staff, Royal Danish Air Force
• Major General Jan Sliwka, Deputy Commander of General Command, Polish Armed Forces
• Colonel Eberhard Freiherr von Wintzingerode-
• Lieutenant Colonel Albin Swanz, Deputy Commander of the Pilot Training Institute and Head of Jet Pilot Training, Austrian Air Force
• Lieutenant Colonel Stefan Ungerth, Head of the Swedish Air Force, Combat Simulation Centre, Swedish Air Force
• Lieutenant-Colonel Jerome Armand, Deputy Head of Air Training Command, French Air Force
• Lieutenant Colonel Afonso Gaiolas, Operations Division, Portuguese Air Force
• Air Commodore (Ret'd) Terry Jones, Former Director Flying Training, Royal Air Force
To view the full speaker line-up and conference programme, visit http://www.smi-
+44 (0) 20 7827 6140