News By Tag
News By Place
Top Audiology Practices Recognized During AHAA’s Annual National Convention
Seven audiologists and business owners representing five independent hearing healthcare practices, were recognized for outstanding achievements and success by American Hearing Aid Associates (AHAA).
By: American Hearing Aid Associates
· Christopher Eckert, M.S., CCC-A, was given the President’s Award, which honors an Associate who exemplifies the key attributes that help create a successful practice — a commitment to training, process improvement, use of solutions, and, most importantly, leadership. Eckert is the owner of Hearing Unlimited, which has multiple locations in and around Pittsburg, Pa., www.hearingunlimited.net.
· Donna Hill, Au.D.,and R. Craig Ford, Au.D., were presented with the Growth Award, which honors an audiology practice that had a significant amount of growth year-over-year. Hill and Ford are the co-owners of Audiology Professionals, Inc., in Eugene, Ore., www.eugeneaudiology.com.
· Robbi Hershon, Au.D., CCC-A, and Debra Knapp, Au.D., CCC-A, were presented with the Leadership Award, which honors Associates who succeed in improving their performance and leadership skills in order to move their practice forward. Hershon and Knapp are the co-owners of The Hearing Group in West Orange, N.J., www.thehearinggroupusa.com.
· Karen Lemme, Au.D., was given the All The Right Things Award, which honors an Associate who demonstrates a commitment to implementing “All The Right Things,” AHAA’s solution for helping audiologists grow their practices. Lemme is the owner of Lemme Audiology Associates in Altoona, Pa., www.lemmeaudiology.com.
· Marilyn M. Hinrichs, Au.D., CCC-A, was given the Organizational Development Award, which honors an Associate who demonstrates a commitment to training.Hinrichs is the owner of Advanced Hearing Center, with locations in Dallas and Grapevine, Texas, www.advancedhearingcenter.com.
More than 500 Associates and industry professionals attended this year’s Convention to take advantage of the opportunity to learn new strategies designed to help them succeed, to see what their peers and AHAA are accomplishing together, and to develop their own unique plan for conquering daily challenges head-on. During his keynote address, successful business consultant and entrepreneur, Ford Saeks, provided a number of action items Associates could implement immediately to help market themselves more effectively.
AHAA Convention is THE premier event in the hearing healthcare industry. Every year, Associates gather to focus on how to best prepare themselves and their practice to address consumer needs and the ever-competitive marketplace. This year’s event was held at the Green Valley Ranch in Las Vegas, February 9-13. To learn more about all of the award winners and AHAA’s annual Convention, please visit www.ahaaconvention.com.
About American Hearing Aid Associates (AHAA) represents the nation’s highest quality and most accessible hearing health care network, comprised of professional audiologists, hearing aid dispensers, otolaryngologists, hospitals, and universities across the country. AHAA aims to raise the quality of hearing health care throughout America by continual evaluation and upgrading of the educational standards and technical expertise of our hearing associates. Learn more at www.ahaanet.com.