Follow on Google News
Zika Response Working Group is rapidly responding to critical needs
The Zika Response Working Group is a coalition of researchers, academics, industry leaders and companies. We all have one goal. HALT ZIKA!
If it can’t be halted, we need to find and develop diagnostics, devices, anti-virals, vaccines and to build a better understanding of the virus and the epidemiology of the virus, so that the Zika Virus progression and disease can be reduced.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. - Feb. 14, 2016 - PRLog -- The Zika Response Working Group, under the pending non-profit non-governmental organization iOrg (Infectious Outbreak Response Group), is rapidly responding to critical needs. Please visit our new website at www.zikaresponse.org to learn more.
Our activities are focused on;
· Threat and risk assessment and determination
· Identifying existing licensed drugs likely to have anti-Zika activity
· Modeling the outbreak to help inform government and corporate planning
· Geo-spatial tracking and sequence analysis
· Computational immunology and comparative proteome analysis including epitope mapping
· Using surveys and alternative media to track the spread of Zika virus, Zika disease, Zika communication, and to identify the unmet needs of medical caregivers and their patients
· Diagnostics and diagnostic technology research and development
· Development, manufacturing and production of medical countermeasures for Zika disease (devices, drugs, biologicals, and vaccines)
· Facilitating clinical trial design/clinical protocol development for rapid testing of preventative and therapeutic treatments
· Expediting clinical development to licensure of diagnostics, devices, drugs, biotherapies and vaccines to prevent Zika Fetal syndrome and GBS
Our group is united by a commitment to enable rapid responses to the global human threat posed by Zika virus.
We also believe that, while speed is essential when managing an emerging infectious disease outbreak, it is also important to first observe, analyze, think, discuss, and then to act.
Our website, www.zikaresponse.org is a significant resource for information about the virus. Please visit and consider supporting this critical effort.
Zika Response Working Group
Account Email Address Account Phone Number Disclaimer Report Abuse