Bel Canto Chorus Announces 27th Annual Regional Artists Competition
The competition was established to support and encourage singers with strong oratorio experience of any age who reside in Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, and Ohio. Adjudicators come from a wide variety of performing arts organizations from throughout Southeastern Wisconsin.
The winner is awarded a solo engagement with Bel Canto Chorus in the following season and a $1,000 cash prize! Past winners have gone on to sing with recognized organizations throughout the United States and Europe, including the Metropolitan Opera.
Singers with strong oratorio experience are encouraged to apply. There is no maximum age limit for applicants.
Interested singers with strong oratorio experience should submit the following:
· A one-page resume (including phone number, mailing address, and email)
· One 8 x 10 professional headshot
· Two letters of recommendation (letters of recommendation may be sent via email)
· $35 non-refundable application fee (check made payable to Bel Canto Chorus)
· One clearly labeled CD or DVD of any repertoire that best represents your voice, no longer than 10 minutes (application materials will not be returned)·
Each competition finalist will be given 10 minutes to sing two selections. At least one selection should be from oratorio repertoire.
The postmark deadline for applications is March 12, 2016.
Mail to: Regional Artists Competition 2016
Bel Canto Chorus
158 N Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Finalists will be notified by April 1, 2016
For more information, please contact Kate Schmitt, Managing Director, at (414) 481-8801 or firstname.lastname@example.org.