Protecting seaports from external & internal threats to be discussed at International Port Security
SMi Group reports: (09.02.2016, London): Registration is now open for SMi’s 7th annual International Port Security conference which will take place on the 1st and 2nd June 2016 in London, UK.
By: SMi Group
With continued migration into the EU through sea borders and the serious threat of terrorism, there is a pressing need for the maritime security community to collaborate and further strengthen relations in order to boost security.
International Port Security 2016 aims to bring together key decision makers in the industry to discuss modern methods of port security and provide effective learning experiences for all delegates through the carefully selected expert speaker line up.
Hosted over two days, hear from 9 international ports from across 4 continents including: Bremen, Dover, Helsingborg, Liverpool, Long Beach, Mombasa, Rotterdam, Santos and Vigo.
For further information or to register please visit the event website www.internationalportsecurity.com/
2016 SPEAKER LINE UP:
• Rear Admiral Paul F Thomas, Assistant Commandant for Prevention Policy, Inspections and Compliance, Marine Transportation Systems, and Commercial Regulations and Standards, USCG
• Randy Parsons, Director of Security, Port of Long Beach
• Emma Ward, General Manager Safety and Security, Port of Dover
• Chris Trelawny, Special Adviser to the Secretary-General on Maritime Security and Facilitation, IMO
• Captain Twalib Khamis, General Manager of Operations, Port of Mombasa
• Anderson Fagundes, Port Facility Security Manager, Port of Santos
• Dr Lars Stemmler, Head of International Projects, Bremenports
• David Galt, Port Security Officer, Port Security Authority – Liverpool & Manchester
• Chris Jones, Managing Director, Maritime Security Operations (MAROPS)
• Raymond Gibbons, Managing Director, Sentinel Maritime Limited
• Per Björnson, Chief Security Officer, Port of Helsingborg
• Major Spyridon Koletsis, Security Expert - Negotiator, (KEMEA), Ministry of Interior and Administrative Reconstruction (Greece)
• Professor Nikitas Nikitakos, Research Associate, Ministry of Interior and Administrative Reconstruction (Greece)
To download the full agenda please visit the event website www.internationalportsecurity.com/
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING:
• A truly global event - Presentations from 9 international ports from across 4 continents so you can understand unique regional threats and resolutions
• Collaborate and network with fellow experts to understand what they are doing to ensure their ports are kept safe
• Hear regulatory updates from the IMO and how this will impact your port security operations
• Examine critical issues facing the port security landscape such as cyber security, technology and regulatory developments
• Learn about emerging technologies and how these can be used to further secure your ports
• Interact with opinion leaders through a workshop addressing key challenges in the sector
Running alongside International Port Security 2016 will be a half-day pre-conference workshop. The workshop entitled ‘Preparing Ports to Mitigate against External Threats’ will be hosted by Captain John Dalby, CEO, Marine Risk Management.
To register or for further information about the workshop/leader, visit the event website www.internationalportsecurity.com/
There is currently an early bird offer available; book by 29th of February to save £400 off the conference price.
For sponsorship enquiries, contact Sadia Malick on +44 (0) 207 827 6748 or smalick@smi-
For delegate enquiries, contact Paul Deller on +44 (0) 207 827 6194 or pdeller@smi-
For media enquiries, contact Zoe Gale on +44 (0) 207 827 6132 or email@example.com
7th annual International Port Security conference
1-2 June 2016
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact tel: +44 (0) 207 827 6194
---- END ----
About SMi Group: Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-