News By Tag
News By Location
Peer Review’s First Big Data & Data Science Workshop captures the imagination
Representatives of many of the UAE’s leading organisations were present, such as Abu Dhabi Judicial Department, NBAD, ADIB, FGB, Du, Dubai Police, the Telecommunication Regulatory Authority, Al Tayer Group, Economic Towers Group, Department of Municipal Affairs and Emirates NLG.
Masterclasses and lectures were given by some of the top names in Big Data, including Dr Satyam Priyadarshy, Benu Bhargava, Venkata Alla and Hashem Al Mansoori; the agenda gave attendees the opportunity to learn about the latest technology, as well as develop a solid understanding of the various aspects to Data Science. This included hands-on demonstrations and a look at a number of case studies to help cultivate a solid strategy for Big Data implementation among those present.
The event was sponsored by Microsoft Gulf, who also had one of their experts, Kevin Ashby, present in order to lecture on Microsoft Azure Platform, a cloud-based infrastructure designed to build and manage applications and services and Microsoft’s layered approach to Big Data which spans on premise solutions via SQL Server and the Analytic Platform System (APS) and Cortana analytics - a cloud-based advanced analytics platform.
Microsoft Azure allows developers and IT professionals to get more done, by offering the following benefits:
• Open and flexible – supports the widest range of operating systems, program languages, frameworks, tools and devices on the market.
• Easy integration – Azure has been designed to quickly fit with any existing IT environment through the largest network of secure private connections, hybrid database and storage solutions, and data residency and encryption features.
• Scale up or down – Azure has a pay-as-you-go service so the end user can quickly increase or reduce the service as per business requirements.
• Protection - Microsoft were the first cloud provider recognised by the European Union’s data protection authorities for their commitment to rigorous EU privacy laws and the first major cloud provider to adopt the new international cloud privacy standard, ISO 27018.
• Global mobility - Azure runs on a worldwide network of Microsoft-managed datacentres across 22 regions. Azure is also the first multinational cloud provider in mainland China.
• Smarter decision-making – Azure has predictive analytics that redefine business intelligence. These include Machine Learning, Cortana Analytics and Stream Analytcis. Users are able to make smarter decisions, provide a better level of service and solutions and uncover new business opportunities.
• Rely on a trusted cloud service – Clients from all sectors rely on Microsoft Azure, including 57% of those to be found on the Fortune 500.
For more information about the extensive solutions provided by Microsoft Azure, please visit https://azure.microsoft.com/
After the event, Peer Review’s Director of Conferences and Training, Kumarguru Ramanujam, stated: “I was delighted with the overall content and the feedback we received from the attendees of our Big Data and Data Science Workshop. As we move forward, I’m sure the added-value proposition that each Peer Review event provides will increase further, as we look to become the first name associated with Big Data implementation and strategy within the region.”
Dhanushka Arjuna, Co-founder and Director also added: “The turnout was fantastic, with excellent government participation. The content was relevant and we are now on the way to achieving our goal of building Big Data in this region. We intend to develop this further and build upon the foundations laid here with our forthcoming products. I believe we can grow rapidly, but we need industry support to create awareness of Big Data. Remember that this is an industry that does not really exist, and it is we who must create it. Peer Review has taken the first steps today, and we will achieve this in collaboration with our sponsors, who I must sincerely thank for their support.”
About Peer Review
Peer Review is a company dedicated to enhancing and adding value to the conference and training industry, specifically within IT. A number of conferences and training workshops are set to be hosted by the company throughout the Middle East, covering topics such as Big Data, Data Science, Open Data, m-Government, e-Learning, Education Technology and Predictive & Marketing Analytics.
Peer Review is also the first in the region to have implemented a peer network among IT specialists globally, giving members an online platform to share advice, opinions, thoughts and articles, as well as to network with the top names in the industry.
For more information, go to: www.peerreview.ae