News By Tag
News By Place
Follow on Google News
Ask Gail: When is the best time to list my home?
Q: I’m thinking of selling my home in 2016. When is the best time to list my home?
A: In a word – Now! There is no better time to list your home for sale in 2016 than right this minute. Here’s why:
• Low Interest Rates: People are more likely to buy a home now, with interest rates on home loans at an all time low. With the potential for an increase of interest rates after the big election, it is wise to get your house on the market now, while buyers still have the added incentive of low interest rates.
• Seller’s Market: It’s still a thriving seller’s market in DFW. With real estate inventory low and the demand to own a home in the ever-growing DFW metroplex at an escalating high – selling your home right now will prove to be extremely profitable.
• Ahead of the Spring Rush: Listing your home now allows other realtors and eager home buyers the chance to familiarize themselves with your home before you are competing with the influx of other homes for sale that tends to occur during the spring season. Listing your home now will make your property stand out because it will be in limited company during this period of low inventory.
• Home-Owner Tax Breaks: The IRS gives homeowners a break by allowing them to deduct the monthly interest payments on their mortgage, making owning a home more attractive than renting.
• Low Down Payments: More people are eligible to buy a home with the current variety of programs designed to lower down payments. For example, the Freddie Mac Home Possible Advantage program only requires a 3% down payment. (Freddie Mac Home Advantage) (http://www.freddiemac.com/
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to sell your home…and sell it fast! Now is the time to list your home in 2016. I’d love to meet with you to discuss listing your home now to take advantage of this prime time for sellers in real estate.
For all your real estate needs, contact DFW metroplex realtor, Gail Burdine!
Pinterest: Gail Burdine KW Realty (https://www.pinterest.com/
Twitter: gail_kwrealty (https://twitter.com/