News By Tag
News By Place
Livingston Builder/Remodeler Takes the Reins of 6-County Homebuilding Association
Metropolitan Builders and Remodelers Celebrates Installation of 2016 Officers, Honors Eight People With Industry Awards
By: Metropolitan Builders & Contractors Assoc of NJ
Calinda, president of Millennium Custom Homes (http://millenniumcustomhomes.com/)
Metro’s new president started in the construction business as a boy who accompanied his father, an excavator operator, to work. The company paid him to collect nails. When company managers saw Calinda’s energy level and work ethic, they gave him additional responsibilities.
Today, he holds a variety of certifications from the National Association of Homebuilders, including Graduate Master Builder (GMB) and Remodeler (GMR). He has held several offices in the local and state builders associations over the years and has won numerous awards, including New Jersey Builder of the Year in 2011.
In additional building association work, he is active in his home town of Chester, serving on a variety of educational and religious organizations. He is also a Chester volunteer firefighter.
Calinda succeeds Dominick L. Paragano, who served as Metro president for the last two years. Previously, Paragano – a third-generation builder – had served as president of the state builders association. Before that, Pagano had been served a term as president of Metro.
Other officers assuming office for 2016 were Josh Mann, Esq., first vice president; William J. Meller, CPA, vice president-treasurer;
In addition to installing officers, Metro honored eight members with industry awards
· -- Roger Hendrickson of SESI Consulting Engineers received the Membership Award. The award recognizes the individual who in past years has done the most to build Metro’s membership.
· -- Doug Fenichel, APR, of In-House Public Relations, received the Kathy Hughes Award. The award recognizes the efforts of a person or company who has served the association consistently and who demonstrates zest and enthusiasm in the sales and marketing field.
· -- Dominick L. Paragano, of D.L. Paragano Homes, received the Distinguished Service Award. The award recognizes an individual or friend of the association and industry who has gone above and beyond to support the industry and the association.
· -- Larry Paragano, of Paragano Enterprises, received the Founders Award. The award exemplifies the spirit and dedication of the founders of the association. Paragano is Dominick Paragano’s father.
· -- Murray Pantirer, of Bertram, received the Outstanding Industry Contribution Award. The award is presented to an individual who has contributed to the homebuilding industry consistently over the years. Pantierer received the award posthumously.
· -- Dennis C. Loh, PE, of Geo-Technology Associates, named Associate of the Year Award.
· -- Ernst Hofmann, of Hofmann Design Build, was named Remodeler of the Year.
· -- And Lewis Zlotnick, of Woodmont Properties, was named Builder of the Year. This award recognizes one member out of all the builder members who, according to Metro, “can always be counted on to help further the goals and objectives of the building industry.”
The Metropolitan Builders & Contractors Association of NJ is a local professional trade organization affiliated with the New Jersey Builders Association (NJBA) and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) to promote and protect all segments of the residential building industry and its customers in Essex, Morris, Union, Somerset, Warren and Hunterdon counties. Its mission is to enhance its members’ ability to provide safe, affordable, quality housing to New Jersey citizens.
Information about Metro is available at www.metrobca.org or by calling (973) 887-2888.
Doug Fenichel, APR
In-House Public Relations