CCIA Announces the 2015 Finalists Honoring Leadership in Advancing Colorado's Cleantech Economy
11 Colorado companies and individuals selected for their efforts to expand Colorado’s cleantech ecosystem, increase jobs and drive innovation in the cleantech sector.
Company finalists were selected based on their ability to impact the marketplace with innovative clean technologies, and recognizes a company’s successful fundraising efforts, their ability to scale technology, and their statewide job creation impact. Individuals were selected for their commitment to expanding Colorado’s cleantech ecosystem and their devotion to the growth of their respective organizations.
“The 2015 finalists represent another outstanding group of Colorado’s cleantech leaders. The drive and dedication these finalists have in building the state’s cleantech footprint is remarkable,”
The 2015 Colorado Cleantech Leadership Awards Finalists are:
HIGH IMPACT CLEANTECH COMPANY
- Ascent Solar (http://www.ascentsolar.com/
- Lightning Hybrids (http://lightninghybrids.com/
- Terralux (http://terralux.com/)
BREAKOUT CLEANTECH COMPANY
- Ampt (http://www.ampt.com/)
- Waste to Energy Partners (http://wastetoenergypartners.com/)
EMERGING CLEANTECH COMPANY
- BASiC 3C (http://basic3c.com/)
- PIARCS (http://piarcs.org/)
- Wunder Capital (https://www.wundercapital.com/)
CLEANTECH ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
- Andrew Coors, Steelhead Composites (http://steelheadcomposites.com/)
- Bart Van Zeghbroeck, BASiC 3C (http://www.basic3c.com/)
- Brandon Williams, Iron Edison (https://ironedison.com/)
The finalists were selected by a group of industry peers consisting of entrepreneurial leaders, cleantech CEOs and former award recipients.
The Colorado Cleantech Awards Celebration will be held November 2 from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. at the History Colorado Center in Denver. Nancy Pfund, Managing Partner, at DBL Partners, is the keynote speaker for the event. For more information, visit: http://coloradocleantech.com/
Founded in 2008, Colorado Cleantech Industries Association (CCIA) is a statewide organization dedicated to promoting Colorado’s cleantech industries. CCIA impacts Colorado’s policies, people, products and programs that drive expansion of a cleaner, cheaper, more efficient and secure energy economy. Through advocacy, public policy leadership, development and education, CCIA works to ensure that Colorado is a global cleantech leader. For more information about CCIA, visit