Rent My Driveway: CurbFlip - The Airbnb of Parking
How much is your driveway worth? Much more than you think. CurbFlip.com is signing up homeowners and businesses, then renting their extra parking spaces.
CurbFlip handles the scheduling, billing, and payments. The property owner sets the rate and collects payment directly from the renter using CurbFlip technologies.
As to why this site is a game changer Rodney Young, CurbFlip's CTO states:
"It's about easy sign up and 'Location, Location, Location.' Most major cities have severe traffic problems. Homeowners in those cities are beginning to see the value in their unused driveways and garages. Drivers are very willing to pay those homeowners daily or monthly to park near employment, parks, stadiums, train stations, or tourist attractions. CurbFlip is important because we use technology to bring smart drivers and well located homeowners together."
CurbFlip design has taken the ease of use features from Airbnb and low flat cost structure of Ebay. CurbFlip offers the lowest fee in the industry.
Regarding the website design, Rodney Young states:
"CurbFlip.com is a secure, proprietary platform developed through a collaboration of world class software engineers. Our customer centric website was created from the ground up to focus on the user experience. The design has six basic requirements.
1. Sign up must be quick, easy, through email or Facebook
2. Owners must be able to list their parking space in less than a minute.
3. Owners set the price and availability of their listings.
4. Owners must be paid before we are.
5. Drivers must be able to find parking in their desired city in less than 15 seconds.
6. CurbFlip should be viewed as a service, so our fee should always be nominal."