Oris Audi Sport Limited Edition II
By: BIZ COM
Oris has a long track record of producing high-performance motorsport timepieces, with a heritage that can be traced back to the 1970 Chronoris. The Audi Sport Limited Edition II is the latest in the line. Like Audi Sport’s high-tech cars, it’s engineered to be as light and as strong as possible, and is packed with a series of innovative features.
Among those is its automatic chronograph, powered by Oris Calibre 778, which features a 10-minute countdown. This useful function is aimed at drivers looking to keep track of race start times. The watch also features useful day and date indications at 3 o’clock, and the Oris-developed retrograde small seconds at 9 o’clock, which takes its design cues from the dashboard instruments of modern race cars.
Oris has given its new Audi Sport timepiece a stealthy all-black look: its case is cast in lightweight titanium and PVD coated in black DLC; it has a black dial; and the bi-directional rotating bezel has a scratch-resistant black ceramic insert engraved with a minute scale. Eye-catching red central seconds and sub-dial counter hands protect the watch’s legibility.
Oris Audi Sport Limited Edition II- Limited to 2,000 pieces
· Automatic movement Oris Cal. 778, based on Sellita SW 500, with Chronograph function, and day and date function at 3 o’clock
· Bi-rotating black ceramic bezel with minute scale and rubber coated ‘good grip’ insert on the outside edge
· Sapphire crystal domed on both sides and with anti-reflective coating on both sides
· Special engraved titanium case back with black DLC coating and engraved limited number
· Two piece matt black dial. Dial ring with tachymeter scale directly assembled to the case. Second and minute counters.
· Applied numerals filled with black Super-LumiNova. Black polished nickel hour and minute hands with Super-LumiNova inlay; central seconds and sub-dial counter hands in red.
· Special retrograde small seconds display at 9 o’clock developed by Oris
· Black perforated leather racing strap with black DLC coated titanium folding clasp
· Swiss Retail Price CHF 3,900.00