Dr. David G. Jaimovich Awarded Honorary Doctorate in Medicine Quality and Safety
Dr. David G. Jaimovich, President of Quality Resources International, awarded an Honorary Doctorate in Medicine by Universidad Siglo XXI/Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México for his career achievements and longstanding dedication to improving patient safety and quality of healthcare worldwide.
Professor of Genetic Oncology, Dr. Gabino Hurtado, nominated Dr. Jaimovich for the Honorary degree saying, “His accomplishments and innovative approach to the development of the field speak for themselves.”
1. Develop safer care through innovative initiatives to reduce the complications that occur in the delivery of care.
2. Assure that each patient and family is involved as a partner in their care.
3. Promote effective communication and coordination amongst healthcare personnel for the best clinical care.
4. Promote prevention and more effective treatments starting with chronic diseases like diabetes, hypertension and cardiovascular disease.
5. Develop programs to promote healthier communities and a healthier lifestyle with programs to prevent chronic diseases.
6. Develop new models of care that are more cost-effective for patients, employers and government agencies."
Dr. Jaimovich received his medical degree from University Autónoma de Guadalajara Medical School in Mexico. He completed his pediatric critical care fellowships at Rush Medical College and Northwestern University in Chicago, IL. He has been the recipient of numerous awards including the Gold Medal for Clinical Excellence in the Medical Field and an honorary professorship from the University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain and the 2004 Ron W. Lee, M.D. Excellence in Pediatric Care Award.
Quality Resources International (QRIntl) was founded in 2009 with the goal of Building Quality Healthcare Solutions Today for a Safer Tomorrow; the company has demonstrated its commitment to collaborating with private and public healthcare organizations to develop safer, reliable clinical services by optimizing their safety and quality. QRIntl clients include healthcare systems, government agencies, and pharmaceutical companies on four continents.
Prior to establishing Quality Resources International Dr. Jaimovich served as the first Chief Medical Officer and Vice President for International Accreditation Services for Joint Commission Resources and Joint Commission International where he oversaw the accreditation and patient safety initiatives. During his tenure at Joint Commission International, the number of accredited organizations increased five-fold while the accreditation program and its standards became more rigorous with a focus on sustainable achievements for healthcare organizations.
Quality Resources International, Inc.
Page Updated Last on: Jul 19, 2015