News By Tag
News By Place
IEP School Preparation at North Shore Pediatric Therapy
Prepare for IEP meetings with North Shore Pediatric Therapy's Prep Academy on July 26th
This Workshop, led by Shari Meserve MS. Ed., Ed. S., will enable you to:
· Better understand IDEA regulations that drive decision-making
· Analyze and troubleshoot your child’s IEP including transition and behavior intervention plans
· Understand your child’s data to assess how much (or how little) progress s/he is making
· Write SMART IEP goals (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Results-Driven, Time-Bound)
· Develop effective and proven advocacy strategies to ensure team collaboration and to maximize your child’s education
“There are so many rewarding aspects of my job: supporting parents through the IEP process, helping them to feel more comfortable and more powerful in meetings, and helping to ensure that their children’s needs are being meet. However, the single most gratifying aspect of my job is when I can teach a parent to advocate for him or herself, to the point where I am no longer needed.
I hope you can join us for this workshop…I guarantee that you will walk away with practical information and effective tools that will significantly increase your ability to effectively advocate for your child,” Shari Meserve MS. Ed., Ed. S.
IEP meetings can be overwhelming, confusing, and intimidating…
With 6 locations, North Shore Pediatric Therapy (NSPT) is the only concierge health and wellness center for children and young adults, that combines the power of multiple disciplines, first class service, and inspiring results, that has become the company’s hallmark. Deemed a Thought Leader in pediatric therapy, NSPT brings Peace of Mind to thousands of children and their families with its invigorating blend of positive environment, heroic staff, and blossoming kids. NSPT provides the ultimate discovery that challenges can be overcome, and happiness restored. Our team is comprised of Neuropsychology, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), Social Work, School Advocacy, Nutrition, and Academic Specialists. Visit us at www.KidsBlossom.com