News By Tag
* Fort Worth
* More Tags...
News By Location
Follow on Google News
Iconic Fort Worth salsa maker Renfro Foods turns 75
From family garage to Top 10 nationally, and growing international sales
By: Renfro Foods, Inc.
Renfro’s 75th anniversary marks a high point in the family business’ rich history, growing from a packaged spices and pepper sauce business to one of the country’s five largest family-owned and managed salsa manufacturers. The Mrs. Renfro’s salsa brand now ranks #10 out of 500 salsa brands in the United States, and is one of the nation’s top five best selling salsas distributed in the specialty food category.
“It is a thrill to be celebrating this milestone anniversary,"
“We’re also indebted to our exceptional staff, some of whom have been with us for over 30 years,” Renfro said. “Their commitment has helped further our company’s success, along with the hard work, dedication and integrity of our entire multi-generational family.”
The company’s management team today includes CEO Bill Renfro, COO Jack Renfro, President Doug Renfro, and Vice Presidents Becky Renfro Borbolla and James Renfro.
Over the years, Renfro Foods has continuously been recognized for the company’s trend-setting products, innovative business practices, community involvement and service.
Mrs. Renfro’s product awards include:
· Pineapple Salsa and Ghost Pepper Salsa – “13 top rated salsas (http://www.womansday.com/
· Mango Habanero Salsa - “Editor Picks (http://www.thekitchn.com/
· Ghost Pepper Salsa - “8 Deliciously Spicy Foods and Sauces” (http://www.realsimple.com/
· Pineapple Salsa - “Healthy Snack Foods” (http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/
· Ghost Pepper Salsa – Scovie Award, 2011 (Hot Salsa)
· Habanero Salsa – “125 Best Packaged Products for Women” (http://www.womenshealthmag.com/
· Pineapple Salsa – Scovie Award, 2010 (Fruit Salsa).
Renfro’s service recognitions include:
· 2015 – Texas House of Representatives in Austin recognizes Renfro Foods for its business contributions, leadership, community service and colorful 75-year history
· 2014 – Texas Treasure Business Award (Texas Historical Commission; one of only
129 businesses in Texas to receive this award)
· 2014 - Regional finalist -- 2014 DREAM BIG Small Business of the Year Award (U.S. Chamber of Commerce for business practices and community involvement)
· 2013 - Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics (Better Business Bureau of Fort Worth and Tarrant County)
· 2012 - DREAM BIG Small Business of the Year Award, regional finalist (U.S. Chamber)
· 2012 – Blue Ribbon Small Business Award (US Chamber of Commerce, demonstrating excellent business practices in several areas, including strategy, customer service, employee development and community involvement)
· 2011 – Founders Award (Baylor University's Institute for Family Business)
· 2010 –Small Business of the Year (Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce).
Renfro Foods annually sponsors a “pink lid” campaign during National Breast Cancer Awareness month and has contributed more than $100,000 to cancer research through Project Pink. The company and its leadership team also actively support local community initiatives including the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce, BRIT, Casa Mañana, Fort Worth Stock Show, Women Steering Business, Fort Worth Sister Cities International, Leadership Fort Worth and the Tarrant Area Food Bank, among others.
About Renfro Foods
Renfro Foods is a second and third generation family business founded 75 years ago in Fort Worth, Texas, as a packaged spices and pepper sauce business. It later expanded to include syrup, jellies, preserves and chow chow, then salsa. Today Renfro Foods is known for its innovative line of award-winning Mrs. Renfro's products, which come with a simple and tasty recipe right on the label. Renfro Foods manufactures a variety of salsas, sauces and relishes, including 33 Mrs. Renfro's products distributed through leading supermarkets, gourmet foods stores and gift shops in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, the U.K., Spain and Australia. For more information, please visit www.renfrofoods.com, or connect on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/
Catherine Whittington, InterStar PR
Account Email Address Account Phone Number Disclaimer Report Abuse