Follow on Google News
News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
NBMA Black Distance Runner Hall of Fame and Achievements Awards Banquet
National Black Marathoners Association's 11th Annual Summit will be held at the Dec. 12 Dallas Marathon. The Black Distance Runner Hall of Fame and Achievements Awards Banquet will held on Dec. 11 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
Date: December 12, 2015
Time: 6:00 to 8:30 (Seating at 6:00, Dinner Served at 6:30)
Location: Bryan Ballroom, Crowne Plaza - Dallas Downtown, 1015 Elm Street, Dallas, TX 75202
Attire: Cocktail Attire
Colors: Red and black
Hall of Fame inductees are
- Mebrahtom “Meb” Keflezighi
- Elizabeth Brown
- Ricky Cox
- Lisa Felder
- Jon Rankin
- Alphonzo Jackson
- Robin Campbell
- Dr. Roscoe Lee Browne (deceased)
- Merhawi Keflezigh
- Bridgette Collins
- Avondale Running Club
- Special recognition for NBMA member achievements (i.e. Boston Marathon, 50 States, seven continents, 25 States, and 100 marathon finishers)
- NBMA Hall of Fame Inductions
- A tee-shirt for each meal ordered
- Served Dinner, including dinner salad and fresh baked bread, chicken, two side veggies, iced tea, water, fresh brewed coffee, and hot herb teas.
- Each table seats ten individuals. There are no individual reserved seats. However, if you purchase ten seats, the table will be reserved under your name.
This event is possible with the help and support of our sponsors
- The Dallas Marathon – Event Sponsor
- Cigna Healthcare – Hall of Fame Sponsor
- Cooper Aerobic Center – Achievements Awards Sponsor
- Sports Authority & Polar – Product Sponsors
The proceeds of this event will be used to support National Black Marathoners Association, a 501(c)3 charity, and their college scholarship fund.
About the National Black Marathoners Association (NBMA):
The National Black Marathoners Association (NBMA) is the nation's largest, not-for-profit organization dedicated to encouraging Black Americans and others to pursue a healthy lifestyle through long distance running and walking. It is open to everyone, regardless of athletic ability or previous running experience. The NBMA's 2015 USA Summit will be at the Dallas Marathon during the December 12 weekend.
The NBMA awards multiple scholarships annually to college-bound high school seniors, who have competed on the high school cross country team, in a distance event (1500 meters or greater) on the high school track team, or completed a full, certified 26.2-mile marathon. Our goal is to encourage Black youth to pursue track and field activities, in particular distance running, to maintain a healthy lifestyle and to achieve academic excellence. The NBMA has awarded more than $13,000 in scholarships to college-bound, high school seniors. For more information visit www.blackmarathoners.org.