News By Tag
News By Place
Free Art Collecting Workshop Offers Behind-The-Scenes Peek At Gallery World
By: Matthews Gallery
The topics covered will include:
•The value of art - how the price of artwork is determined
• How the primary art market differs from the secondary market
• The importance of provenance
• When should conservation be considered for an artwork and what is involved • How to insure your artwork - how much is enough
• How to receive an accurate art appraisal
• How to negotiate the purchase of art - the do’s and don’ts
• What are the best strategies when buying or selling art at auction
Collector’s Forum Workshop
Friday, April 17, 5:00-6:30 pm
Lawrence Matthews will take visitors through the process of buying, selling and caring for artwork, with additional insights from participating forum members.
The Collector’s Forum Workshop has limited seating. To reserve a seat, interested parties are invited to call the gallery at 505-992-2882.