News By Tag
News By Place
EU-XCEL - new H2020 project looking for tech entrepreneurs
EU-XCEL, European Virtual Accelerator launches its recruitment campaign for tech entrepreneurs across Europe.
By: EU-XCEL / Strascheg Center for Entrepreneurship
In total, 300 successful applicants from across Europe, will be grouped into teams of four and participate alongside some of their most promising and talented competitors in intensive, specially designed entrepreneurship training and mentoring programmes over four months. The challenge includes:
- A week-long ‘start-up scrum’ in one of six countries - Ireland, Germany, Spain, Greece, Poland and Denmark between May and July 2015;
- Access to a bespoke virtual incubator which includes tools and supports to assist teams develop and refine their products before and after the start-up scrum week and in advance of the EU-XCEL Challenge Final;
- The selection of the best teams to compete in the EU-EXCEL Challenge Final on 2nd- 3rd November 2015 in Ireland, where they will pitch to and connect with some of Europe’s leading venture capitalists, angel investors and successful tech entrepreneurs
Ultimately, the EU-EXCEL European Virtual Incubator will identify and empower talented young tech entrepreneurs to become ‘incubator ready’ with real products of promise. By providing the full spectrum of supports from ideation, to product development to market, supported and delivered by prime European organisations that have a proven track record in successful incubation, EU-XCEL provides:
- A unique opportunity to participate in a prestigious European competition;
- A much sought-after platform to test ideas in new countries;
- An international entrepreneurship experience with networking and pitching opportunities and high tech venture possibilities;
- Physical and virtual access to training and mentoring via expert panels and support meetings with targeted, relevant experts;
- A powerful entrepreneurial toolkit which includes technology scanning and sourcing innovation, commercialisation insights, market insights to overcome challenges;
- A safe environment to develop international entrepreneurial ambitions with incubation and business developments supports available up to and beyond the Challenge Final.
The EU-XCEL Project offers an innovative European Virtual Incubator to identify and empower young tech entrepreneurs. The Incubator comprises a suite of valuable training tools from start-up scrums, to continuing virtual support culminating in the EU XCEL Challenge Final. The internationalisation of entrepreneurship is a major component of this programme and student and staff exchanges will enable cross-fertilisation and the pursuit of new ventures across a number of European incubators.
EU-XCEL is an EU-Horizon 2020 funded project and part-of Startup Europe Innitiative. The project is coordinate by University College Cork, Ireland with project partners including the Strascheg Center for Entrepreneurship (SCE), Munich University of Applied Sciences, InQbator, Poznan Science & Technology Park (PNTP), DTU Skylab, Technical University of Denmark, Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB), and the Cloud Incubator Hub, Unversidad Politecnica de Cartagena (UPCT).
Details are available at: www.euxcel.eu
Email contact: EUXCEL@UCC.IE
Strascheg Center for Entrepreneurship
+49 89 550506-0