Join an Exceptional Faculty at ACI’s Recreation, Leisure, and Amusement Park Compliance & Litigation
NEW YORK - Nov. 14, 2014 - PRLog -- American Conference Institute (“ACI”) is pleased to announce that an outstanding faculty comprised of top General Counsel and amusement park managers will present at ACI’s Recreation, Leisure, and Amusement Park Compliance and Litigation conference, which will take place in New Orleans on February 26-27, 2015.
Designed to promote key litigation strategies and substantive discussion of the best ways to manage risk, ACI’s inaugural program features a distinguished faculty of more than 25 industry insiders, in addition to state officials who will discuss their state’s regulatory programs impacting recreation and leisure facilities. Faculty members confirmed to speak include:
· Stephanie See, Director, Safety and Advocacy Services, International Association of Amusement Parks & Attractions (“IALDA”) (Alexandria, VA)
· Jyll Lottner, Employment Counsel, Vail Resorts Management Company (Broomfield, CO)
· Curtis Parks, CEO, Amusement Management Partners, LLC (Jacksonville, FL)
· Steven J. Fram, Vice President and General Counsel, The Morey Organization (Wildwood, NJ)
· Cory Hutchinson, General Manager, Funtown Splashtown USA (Saco, ME)
· Karen Bradley, Deputy General Counsel and Vice President, Risk & Litigation, Intrawest (Denver, CO)
· Ryan Culton, Amusement Ride Safety Division Manager, Illinois Department of Labor, Amusement Ride and Public Safety Division (Springfield, IL)
· Kathy Hawkinson, Corporate Director of Safety, Cedar Fair Entertainment Corporation (Sandusky, OH)
· Steven Del Vecchio, CIC, President, T.H.E. Insurance Company (Treasure Island, FL)
· Mitchell H. Kaliff, President, Kaliff Insurance and Coverholder for Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s of London (San Antonio, TX)
· Drew Tewksbury, Senior Vice President and Director, Britton Gallagher (Cleveland, OH)
· Deborah Dekle Drew, Executive Vice President of Development, Chief Legal Office, Chief Strategy Officer, PARC Management, LLC (Jacksonville, FL)
· Gaylee W. Gillim, General Counsel, Kentucky Kingdom and Hurricane Bay (Louisville, KY)
· Michael Baroni, General Counsel, Palace Entertainment (Newport Beach, CA)
· Steve Earnest, Senior Vice President & General Counsel, Herschend Family Entertainment Corporation (Norcross, GA)
All presentations have been tailored to specifically address the challenges and opportunities facing the recreation and leisure industry, and to provide comprehensive approaches to minimize the legal risks including:
· Understanding the legal issues when hiring with an eye towards promoting your company’s brand
· Complying with the ADA and reducing the tension between the ADA’s presumption of inclusion and access with the need to ensure the safety of patrons
· Balancing the public’s increasing expectations for more extreme experiences while maintaining safety standards
· Exploring how to use the evidence gained through park-based technologies to deter frivolous litigation
· Distinguishing the role of the ride manufacturer versus the facility in the event of a catastrophic accident
Plus, an interactive half-day session designed for maximum networking will help participants make sense of the state-specific rules for operating and owning a recreation and leisure facility:
Expanding Nationwide: Overcoming the Patchwork State Regulations to Develop Nationally Compliant Recreation and Leisure Facility
More information about this event, including a full agenda, faculty list, and brochure can be accessed at http://www.americanconference.com/
# # #
A unique organization, American Conference Institute is devoted to providing the business intelligence that senior decision-makers need to respond to challenges both here in the US, and around the world.
Staffed by industry specialists, lawyers, and other professionals, American Conference Institute operates as a think tank, monitoring trends and developments in all major industry sectors, the law, and public policy, with a view to providing information on the leading edge.
Headquartered in New York and led by Leigh Gilmore, Senior Vice President, and Seth Kerker, Managing Director, American Conference Institute has grown to produce more than 220 events each year, attended by thousands of senior delegates from across the country.
2123523220 ext. 5224