SAFE HAVENS Novel Proceeds to Green Beret Foundation on Veterans Day

JT Patten will be donating all Veterans Day sales proceeds from his highly acclaimed black ops military thriller novel, Safe Havens: Shadow Masters, on Tuesday, November 11, 2014
By: JT Patten Books
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. - Nov. 4, 2014 - PRLog -- On Veterans Day, Tuesday, November 11, all sales proceeds from J.T. Patten's highly acclaimed military thriller will go to the Green Beret Foundation (GBF).  The Kindle price will be $4.99 with Amazon's cost of 30% and the remaining 70% per book will go to GBF as a donation.

The first of the black operations series, Safe Havens: Shadow Masters, has been highly ranked and rated on Amazon and Goodreads.  The indie debut novel has sustained ranking in the top Thriller categories for the past eleven months since its release, lauded as "Blacker than Black", "Authentic", and "a Visceral Thriller".  Its audiobook, narrated by actor, Charles Kahlenberg, will be released in early December.

Patten, a former intelligence specialist and special operations advisor with degrees in Foreign Languages, Intelligence, and Counterterrorism, blends espionage, conspiracy, and military thriller sub-genres in what he describes as the emotional and operational blends of realistic warrior and spy situations.  Having worked integrally with U.S. Army Special Forces groups in intelligence training and operational intelligence support, this Veteran’s Day, Patten would like to support and create additional awareness for the Green Beret Foundation and the lives it touches.

The Green Beret Foundation provides immediate financial assistance to Green Berets who are injured in the line of duty, to their families, and to the families of fallen brothers. They additionally distribute funds to support the extended care an injured Green Beret requires in the event the Veteran's Administration is unable or unwilling. The Foundation is focused on the immediate special needs of the wounded and is dedicated to the long term health of the Green Beret Family.

In a brief conversation with Patten about the Green Beret Foundation, J.T. stated, “For as much as I have had the opportunity to train and support them with intelligence and mission planning insights---I was never a member of special forces,--- they have mentored me, taught me, and included me with their team family on numerous occasions.  Those members and my experiences with them have even inspired many of the story scenes that I write.  Despite my writings being fictional (and approved by the CIA and DOD for release), I feel that I need to give something back to that community.  In Shadow Masters, there is a powerful scene that involves the loss of a special forces warrior and the ripple effects that many readers don’t realize can happen in the real world.  It still gives me a lump in the throat to read.” The root of that segment, again, highly fictionalized in the chapter, according to Patten, was actually taken from Patten’s youth, which inspired him to seek a career with intelligence and special activities.

Learn more about the Green Beret Foundation at or visit J.T. Patten on Twitter @jtpattenbooks and at

JT Patten
Source:JT Patten Books
Email:*** Email Verified
Tags:Green Beret, Special Forces, Military Thriller, JT Patten, Safe Havens Shadow Masters
Industry:Defense, Non-profit
Location:Fayetteville - North Carolina - United States
Account Email Address Verified     Account Phone Number Verified     Disclaimer     Report Abuse
HELBOUND Productions News
Most Viewed
Daily News

Like PRLog?
Click to Share