André Schmitz is 'European Cultural Manager of the Year 2014'
André Schmitz, former State Secretary of Culture of the city Berlin is the 'European Cultural Manager of the Year 2014'. Tonight, the Cultural Brand Awards were presented for the ninth time at the 'Night of Cultural Brands' at the Staatsoper.
The 31-member jury of experts from business, politics, culture and media, under the chairmanship of Prof. Oliver Scheytt, President of the Association for Cultural Policy, also honoured other prize winners this evening:
· The Arab World Institute (France) was awarded the 'European Cultural Brand of the Year 2014' by the 31-member jury chaired by Prof. Dr. Oliver Scheytt.
· The Palais de Tokyo (France) was elected 'European Trend Brand of the Year 2014'.
· The City of Bregenz (Austria) was designated as 'City Brand of the Year 2014'.
· The long-standing commitment of RWE Ceska Republika (Czech Republic) for the promotion of Czech film was honoured with the award for the 'European Cultural Investor of the Year 2014'.
· The title 'European Cultural Tourism Region of the Year 2014' was awarded to the Metropole Ruhr (Germany).
· The jury honoured The Mahler Chamber Orchestra (Germany) as 'European Education Programme of the Year 2014' for its 'Feel the Music' project.
A total of 99 entries were submitted in seven categories this year; 35 of which came from European countries such as Belgium, Greece, Great Britain, Estonia, France, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, the Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Portugal, Switzerland, Slovenia and the Czech Republic. The award ceremony of the 9th Cultural Brands Awards was the highlight of the CultureInvest Congress, which is being held on October 30th and 31st in the publishing house of The Tagesspiegel, located at the Askanischer Platz, the meeting place for cultural marketing and investment. The Cultural Brand Award is supported by the BMW Group, The Tagesspiegel, ARTE Magazine and 45 other partners.
Press contact: Hans-Conrad Walter, Managing Partner of Causales GmbH; Bötzowstrasse 25, 10407 Berlin; Tel.: 0049-030 53 214 391; Mobile: +49 (0)152-542 165 17; firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release and the press photos will also be available online, beginning 9 a.m. on October 31st, at: www.kulturmarken.de/