News By Tag
* AICPA PFP Boot Camp
* Ohio Society of CPAs
* Personal Financial Planning
* Personal Financial Specialist
* More Tags...
News By Location
The Ohio Society of CPAs to host AICPA's Personal Financial Planning Boot Camp Taught by Tom Tillery
Thomas Neal Tillery, CFP®,CLU®, ChFC®, CRPC®, LUTCF Vice President/Chief Compliance Officer of Paraklete® Financial, Inc. (PFI) will teach the AICPA Personal Financial Planning Boot Camp sponsored by the Ohio Society of CPAs November 5-7, 2014.
Learning Objectives include:
• Taxation of individuals and businesses and the tax aspects of investments, life insurance, annuities, and securities
• Gift, estate, and generation skipping tax strategies and techniques
• The estate planning process and documents needed
• Retirement needs analysis, tax-deferred retirement options, and employee and government benefit programs
• Investment basics and concepts critical to client discussions
• Risk management concepts and the role various type of insurance play in the overall financial plan
• The financial planning process and the CPA’s professional responsibilities
• How to use the financial calculator to answer client questions
Thomas Neal Tillery, CFP®,CLU®, ChFC®, CRPC®, LUTCF is Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer of Paraklete® Financial, Inc. Paraklete® provides integrated fee-for-service financial planning without asset management or product sales. The firm acts as An Advocate in Financial Services® for its clients with a disciplined focus on independence and objectivity. Mr. Tillery has more than 30 years of experience in personal financial planning, providing services to businesses and individuals.
Tom earned a M.S. in Financial Services from The American College and an M.A. in Education from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is an active member of AICPA (Non-CPA Associate), the Atlanta Estate Planning Council and the Society of Financial Service Professionals.
Tom is a frequent speaker and writer on all topics relating to personal financial planning. He has written personal financial planning curriculum for several universities and on-line providers. Tom holds the singular position of being the only instructor who has moderated both the CFP® and CPA/PFS Live Reviews – his pass rate for both exams exceeds the national averages!
Tom and his family reside in Kennesaw, Georgia.