News By Tag
News By Place
Thomas N. Tillery to speak at AICPA Personal Financial Planning Online Event
Thomas Neal Tillery, CFP®, is co-presenting: Moving from Tax Planning to Integrated Financial Planning: The Practical Side of Risk Management & Insurance Planning presented on October 30, 2014 from 12:30pm-2:00pm ET.
In session six of a 7-part series: From Tax Preparer to Personal Financial Planner: The Road Best Traveled, you will learn:
• Why and how CPAs need to help clients with risk management/insurance planning
• Overview, including how to research the financial strength of insurance companies
• Rethinking life insurance after the American Taxpayer Relief Act
• Due diligence and background checks for the other advisors who may implementing your recommendations
• Life Insurance Planning
• Disability Insurance Planning
• Health and Long-term Care Insurance Planning
• Property & Casualty Insurance Planning
Thomas Neal Tillery, CFP®,CLU®, ChFC®, CRPC®, LUTCF is Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer of Paraklete® Financial, Inc. Paraklete® provides integrated fee-for-service financial planning without asset management or product sales. The firm acts as An Advocate in Financial Services® for its clients with a disciplined focus on independence and objectivity. Mr. Tillery has more than 30 years of experience in personal financial planning, providing services to businesses and individuals.
Tom earned a M.S. in Financial Services from The American College and an M.A. in Education from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is an active member of AICPA (Non-CPA Associate),the Atlanta Estate Planning Council and the Society of Financial Service Professionals.
Tom is a frequent speaker and writer on all topics relating to personal financial planning. He has written personal financial planning curriculum for several universities and on-line providers. Tom holds the singular position of being the only instructor who has moderated both the CFP® and CPA/PFS Live Reviews – his pass rate for both exams exceeds the national averages!
Tom and his family reside in Kennesaw, Georgia.