News By Tag
News By Place
21 Industry Leaders felicitated at the Parivartan Sustainability Leadership Awards 2014
The Parivartan Awards recognize and showcase businesses and thought leaders that have implemented resource efficiency measures for making their products, processes, facilities and operations sustainable. Industry Leaders like ITC, Hindustan Petroleum, Kirloskar Oil Engines and ITC Windsor were felicitated for implementing practices for efficient resource management in their production and manufacturing processes, operations and/or facilities. Some of the other winners included sustainability innovators like Maven Systems, Pratibha Sytex, SepraTECH, SIMS Recycling, Clean Motion and more.
The Awards also felicitated sustainability leaders, thinkers and doers from the Indian industry who have been at the forefont of creating change in their organizations and catalysing sustainability conversations in the industry. The Entrepreneur of the Year was Aditya Handa, MD and CEO, Abellon Clean Energy; the Emerging Leader of the Year was Kiran Sarkar, Mahindra and Mahindra; and the Executive of the Year was Roshan Tamak, Business Head- Sugar, Olam Agro.
Senior business leaders Beroz Gazdar, Sr. Vice President-Group Sustainability, Mahindra & Mahindra Limited and Dr. Yogendra Saxena, Chief Sustainability Officer, Tata Power were felicitated as the CSOs of the Year.
The winners were arrived at after a rigorous two stage review process entailing an initial outreach of over 600 nominations and a final shortlist of 90. The first stage detailed evaluation for the 2014 Awards was conducted by a 30 member Sector Expert Panel consisting of senior technical experts from the industry.
The final detailed review was done by the Grand Jury Panel 2014 which comprised of senior industry veterans: Shri K.C. Mehra, Chairman, SKF India, (Former Dy MD, Tata Steel and Former Chairman, NBQP (QCI); Dr. Kirit S. Parikh, Chairman, Integrated Research and Action for Development, (Former Member, Planning Commission); Shri M.C. Mehta, Public Interest Attorney, (Winner - Goldman Environmental Prize and Ramon Magsaysay Award); Shri Deepak Gupta, Director General, National Solar Energy Federation of India, (Former Secretary, MNRE); Shri Rajendra Shende, Chairman of TERRE Policy Centre, (Former Director, United Nations Environment Program (UNEP); Ms. Chavvi Rajawat, Sarpanch - Village Soda, Rajasthan, (Winner of IBN Live Young Indian Leader Award).
Speaking at the awards event on behalf of the Organizing Committee, Upendra Bhatt, Managing Directors of cKinetics stated, "We are extremely delighted to congratulate the winners of the Parivartan Sustainability Leadership Awards 2014 for moving the needle on sustainability in the Indian industry. We are pleased to see an exceptional uptake of our efforts and much appreciate the recognition and support from the industry”.
Corporate Sustainability Stewardship Awards
· Subcategory Automotive:
o Winner – Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited
· Subcategory Industrial Manufacturing
· Subcategory MNC with India Operations
· Subcategory PSU
· Subcategory Technology, Utility and Services
Sustainability Disclosure Leadership Awards
· National Thermal Power Corporation Ltd. (Subcategory:
· ITC Limited (Subcategory:
· Tata Motors (Subcategory:
· Tata Chemicals (Subcategory:
· Tata Consultancy Services (Subcategory:
· Cummins (Subcategory:
Sustainability Innovation Challenge Awards
· Cost effective resource monitoring systems which control and display usage enabling customer to proactively pursue resource sustainability practices
· Innovative Energy Efficient Product
· Zero liquid discharge system for industrial wastewater treatment to create closed loop systems
· Proven solutions for manufacturing sustainable products
· Electronic Waste Management Solutions
· Cleantech Solutions to enable Consumer Engagement towards Sustainable mobility
· Sustainable mobility apps and services to enable Consumer Engagement
· Non-Motorized Sustainable Mobility Services to enable Consumer Engagement
Industry Sustainability Compass Awards
Winner: The Climate Group
Sustainability Trailblazer of the Year Awards
· Subcategory CSO of the Year
· Subcategory Emerging Leader of the Year
· Subcategory Entrepreneur of the Year
o Aditya Handa, MD and CEO, AbellonClean Energy
· Subcategory Executive of the Year
o RoshanTamak, Business Head-Sugar, OlamAgro
More information on the Parivartan Awards
About the Organizer: Sustainability Outlook
Sustainability Outlook is a market access, insight and collaboration platform tracking actions related towards Sustainability in the Indian economy. It proactively promotes dialogue and collates data to enable action by local, regional as well as global practitioners. Sustainability Outlook provides (a) in-depth business and policy analyses (b) updates on the market participants and latest trends on sustainability initiatives and (c) expert inputs on resource reduction and other abatement as well as adaptation measures being undertaken. It was launched at the Clinton Global Initiative in 2009 and is a division of cKinetics.