TMT Innovation shortlists announced for TMT World Congress 2014
Finalists in “Infrastructure and Connectivity”
In the Innovation for “Services and Applications”
The winners, along with eight other categories, including TMT Deal of the Year, IPO of the Year, M&A Adviser, CEO, Operator, Growth Story, Financing Bank and Legal Adviser will be presented on November 18 at the TMT World Awards Gala Dinner, at the London Hilton on Park Lane following the TMT World Congress. www.tmtfinance.com/
TMT World Innovation Shortlists 2014:
Infrastructure and Connectivity:
1. Free Telecom (France): Disruptive business model, forcing new pricing models, and as such data consumption models. Leading to optimization of network models by their direct competitors (Orange, SFR, Bouygues)
2. T-Mobile USA: Disruptive business model on the voice/data roaming front, forcing new pricing/technologies on competitors (Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, but also globally).
3. SK Telecom (South Korea): Lead in deploying LTE-Advanced architectures, with carrier aggregation, and forcing an eco-system evolution through that.
4. Hong Kong Broadband Network: Rollout of residential 1Gbps fttx, leading the world in achieving such speeds in a residential environment.
5. Reliance Infotel India (RIL): Large scale rollout of TD-LTE nationwide, allowing a fast evolution of the TD-LTE eco-system
6. Etisalat (UAE): 40Gbps GPON technology development with Huawei and cooperating on the development of 5G mobile broadband.
Services and Applications:
1. BT Cloud Broker Service (CMS4): BT leverages its global cloud infrastructure and Infonova's R6 billing and multi-vendor orchestration platform to enable businesses to rapidly bundle digital services.
2. Ericsson: Mobile Connect Accelerator - a cloud-based elastic platform to bring GSMA Mobile Connect activation to Mobile Network Operators in days instead of months.
3. Millicom Mobile Financial Services: Africa/Latin America, money transfer apps in 14 markets, new innovations in Tanzania, Paraguay, El Salvador & Guatemala.
4. Verizon USA: Leading the industry in defining the deployment of IOT platforms and services, leveraging their cloud solutions and targeting their enterprise customers.
5. PCCW HK: Aggressive development and deployment of smart cities (smart home in particular) solutions in HK, and progressively through partnerships in other regions of the world
6. Singtel: Deployment of online advertising eco-system solutions, including ad exchanges and DSPs, in synergy with their mobile operations.
7. Skrill: Mobile Payment Provider: use of e-wallets to link consumer and merchant together through mobile infrastructure, working with key MNO's in Africa/LATAM and then Asia-Pac.
8. Kenya Equity Bank: leveraging a bank led MVNO model to build a competitive model to the dominant Mpesa in Kenya
TMT Finance Awards were launched in 2009 and recognise outstanding telecom related investment activity and provide an indicator of the most active operators, investors and advisers regionally and globally. www.tmtfinance.com/
TMT Finance Awards are nominated by readers of TMT Finance News, the leading global source of news for telecom, media and technology financing and investment activity globally, and selected by an expert independent judging panel featuring leading industry experts, advisers, and bankers.
For more information go to www.tmtfinance.com/
For more information on the TMT World Congress go to www.tmtfinance.com/