Best practices & innovative solutions for cost-effective, sustainable water management in mining
Continuing off the success of the previous summits, this year’s conference will once again provide cutting edge solutions and practical case studies for mine water management and treatment.
A sample of key topics covered:
- Updates on government regulations relating to water management and environmental approvals
- Integrated and sustainable water management throughout the lifecycle of a mine
- Accurately predicting seasonal fluctuations in water supply to avoid excess flooding and mine downtime along with mine water inflows
- Groundwater modelling and use in understanding and predicting hydrogeological systems
- Underground and open pit mining water hazard control
Attendees will learn from this conference cost-effective techniques and tools that they can apply to their own mining operation in order to reduce financial burden of managing water, adhere to increasingly strict government legislation, and create a more sustainable operation.
2014 Guest speakers include:
- Paul Brown, Executive Director, Regional Delivery & Regulation, Department of Water, Western Australia
- Chris Loveday, Manager Environmental Services - Mining, Department of Environment, Queensland
- Petal Barnes, Manager – Services, Group Project Management, BHP Billiton
- Garth Walter, Manager Ground Control and Water, Integrated Operations Mines, Iron Ore, BHP Billiton
- Dr Weixi (James) Zhan, Civil Engineer/Hydrologist, Rio Tinto
- Rynhard Kok, Regional Manager Sustainability – Systems and Services, Newmont
- Dr John Lupo, Senior Director, Geotechnical Engineering, Newmont, USA
- Ron Colman, Manager Water, Roy Hill
And many more…
For more information on full speaker line up and the programme, download the brochure at http://water-
Testimonials from previous years:
“Great overview of issues, diverse information & speakers.”
“Very useful content, relevant, and good balance of presenters.”
“Provided the opportunity to learn what other mines are doing to enhance water management.”
About Resourceful Events
Resourceful Events is focused on operational and strategic events for the resources sector, and has a history of running successful resources investment events in Australia. Part owned by Aspermont Limited – publisher of Australia's leading print and internet publications for the mining sector – we have strong market reach to senior executive within the resources industry.
Run in partnership with Hong Kong based firm Beacon Events, Resourceful Events has the full backing of the Mines and Money brand. Beacon Events and Aspermont have jointly produced the highly successful Mines and Money series of events in London, Beijing, Hong Kong, and Australia. Through phenomenal growth, Mines and Money has attained status as the number one global portfolio of mining investment events.