News By Tag
News By Location
A Thyroid Reference Book that Separates Internet Fact from Fiction—Now an eBook!
Published earlier this year, Tired Thyroid explains the misconceptions held by both doctors and patients regarding thyroid treatments. It has received 5-star reviews from thyroid patients.
By: Grain of Salt Publications LLC
In addition to her journey, she presents case studies of a hypopituitary man, a woman with Hashimoto’s thyroid disease, a fatigued young man with an iron loading condition, and a woman who successfully battled Graves’ disease using alternative treatments.
She explains why patients don’t feel well when a TSH lab test determines their dose (the TSH Rule), and examines the pros and cons of popular internet protocols (iodine protocol and T3-only protocol to clear reverse T3). Finally, she analyzes whether natural desiccated thyroid or levothyroxine (T4) is the better prescription for hypothyroid patients. She gives patients the facts so they can make an educated decision regarding their treatment.
Excerpts from the reviews:
· The best book I have ever read on Thyroid and Hormones.
· Anyone with hypo or hyperthyroid symptoms should read this book and keep it as a reference. More information than one could imagine is contained between its binders.
· The author of this book may not have a medical background, but she knows more than any doctor or website I have been on.
· A great book for hypothyroid patients that is well researched and isn't dogmatic about treatment. If you've tried T4 only treatment and didn't feel well or if you've tried NDT and still didn't feel well, even after treating your adrenal fatigue and low ferritin, then this is the book for you.
· My current doctor, thank God, does understand that TSH should not be the rule on how to treat us. But I believe she could learn even more from this book. I plan to share it with her.
· This book is truly ground breaking. Ms. Lougheed has written a book with equal measures of research and common sense. She reveals thyroid physiology and treatments in terms that everyone can relate to.
· I found this book to have a ton of information not found in other self-help thyroid books. Lots of good reference materials and more details and explanations rather than just the author's opinion.
· The author does a great job at laying out the facts and providing the reader with easy to understand visuals and a plethora of great references.
Tired Thyroid: From Hyper to Hypo to Healing—Breaking the TSH Rule, is now available on Amazon.com in digital format: http://www.amazon.com/