News By Tag
News By Place
Lee A. Hunter offers Bioelectrical Impedance Assessment (BIA) to Help Maintain, Gain or Lose Weight
A New Health Tool Unlike Any Other! A Great Way to See How Healthy You are on a Cellular Level! A Very Important Body Composition Test. Lee A. Hunter with Centaur Imaging & Wellness is offering Bioelectrical Impedance Assessments.
2. Fat Free Mass (lean body mass)
3. Total Body Water (intracellular and extracellular)
4. Lean Dry Mass
5. BMR (basil metabolic rate) is the amount of energy your body requires every day to perform its most basic function including
c. Heart beating
d. Muscle activity
e.Transportation of fluids and tissue
f. Circulation of blood
6. DEE (daily energy expenditure)
7. PA (phase angle) a measurement of your body’s overall health. Very important number.
8. BCM (body cell mass) is reported as a percentage of your total weight and as the actual pounds that make up cells that are active, like your muscles and organs. When the body cell mass goes up, you are usually putting on muscle weight. But, when it goes down, you are losing muscle mass.
and several more great numbers to know.
(BIA) Bioelectrical Impedance is measured when a very small electrical signal carried by water and fluids is passed through the body. Impedance is greatest in fat tissue, which contains only 10-20% water, while fat-free mass, which contains 70-75% water, allows the signal to pass much more easily. By using the impedance measurements along with a person’s height & weight, gender, age, fitness level and body type, it is possible to calculate the percentage of body fat, phase angle, fat-free mass, hydration level, and other body composition values.
BIA Pre-test protocol
1. Do not eat for 4 hours prior to testing.
2. Do not exercise for 12 hours prior to testing.
3. Do not consume alcohol for 24 hours prior to testing.
4. Drink at least 1 litre of water one hour before your test.
You may use the restroom as needed.
5. Do not drink caffeine the day of your test.
6. Do not wear pantyhose.
Visit www.centaurimaging.com for more information on other services.
Lee A. Hunter