The First Kyiv International Economic Forum:Instruments of Economic Development: Priority Industries
Economists, reformers, public figures, and businessmen will gather together to discuss models and tools for the Ukrainian «economic leap».
By: Kyiv International Economic Forum
According to Forum organizers, Ukraine is capable of becoming one of the world leaders. This idea is reflected in Forum’s motto “Ukraine: From Third World to First”.
“Today our country desperately needs radical and systemic economic reforms. What should they be like? What shall we focus our efforts on in the nearest future? What instruments did other countries use? All these questions will be discussed at the Kyiv International Economic Forum. We have invited leading economists who successfully realized reforms in their own countries”, — said the Head of KIEF Organizational Committee, the President of BIONIC Hill Innovation Park Victor Galasyuk.
More than thirty high-profile speakers have confirmed their participation in the Forum, among them:
· Grzegorz Witold Kołodko, a key architect of Polish economic reforms, Polish ex-Deputy Premier and Minister of Finance, Director of TIGER – Transformation, Integration and Globalization Economic Research;
· Erik Reinert, an influential Norwegian economist, a professor at Tallinn Technical University, the author of a well-known bestseller “How rich countries got rich… And why poor countries stay poor”. He worked as a consultant to 49 countries on the matters of economic reforms, sound ratio of government intervention, protectionism and strategic industrial investments;
· Dmitry Shymkiv, Deputy Head of Presidential Administration of Ukraine responsible for administrative, social and economic reforms. Director of Microsoft Ukraine in 2009-2014;
·Serhiy Kvit,Minister of Education and Science of Ukraine. Ex-Head of Media Reform Center. Founder of Kyiv-Mohyla School of Journalism. President of National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy 2007-2014;
· Bernard Casey, President of the American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine (AmCham), a professional with 20 years of experience in the field of strategic and tactical planning at start-ups and state departments dealing with entrepreneurship development;
· Daphne Koller, Professor at Stanford University, Co-Founder of Coursera, the biggest educational on-line portal in the world;
· Gerhard Pfeifer, President of Bosch Group in the CIS;
· Yukhan Parts, Prime Minister of Estonia from 2003 to 2005 (while joining the EU and NATO). Held a position of Minister for Economy and Communications from 2007 to 2014. Responsible for construction and housing, energy, information society, transportation, tourism, foreign trade, direct foreign investments, economic development, etc.
KIEF will cover in detail the following topics during its six panel discussions:
1. High Technologies:
3. Machine Engineering:
4. Points of Growth: Winning Strategy in the Global Competition”
5. Financing of Development Projects
6. Education Revolution for the Country and Business”
The organizers aim at creating an expert-level discussion platform devoted to structural economic reforms and getting the ideas elaborated at KIEF across to the Ukrainian authorities, political leaders, expert community and general public.
“In 1989, the Ukrainian economy ranked 13th worldwide, todays it ranks 39th. Nobody had a strategic plan or vision. We expect that the Forum will help formulate strategy for rapid economic growth of Ukraine: growth of GDP and individual income.This will help Ukraine regain the first world country status which it used to have”, — said the President of Kyiv School of Economics, George Logush.
Kyiv International Economic Forum is open for registration. You can follow the news at the Forum official web-page: www.forumkyiv.org or on Facebook: www.facebook.com/
Kyiv International Economic Forum (KIEF) is an ongoing discussion platform designed to form a strategy for economic development of Ukraine. It is aimed at establishing a dialogue between experts, business representatives and authorities, adoption of the best world practices, creation of a road-map for development and its implementation.
National University of “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy” is one of three oldest education establishments of Ukraine, a successor of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy (1659—1817);
Kyiv School of Economics (KSE) is a world-class education establishment. Its activity contributes to the development of economy, business and economic policy in Ukraine and neighboring countries.
Debating Club KOLO is a group of mid-size business representatives, government officials, scientists, experts, public figures and journalists who are working on the realization of social and economic initiatives in Ukraine.
Ukrainian Association for Innovative Development unites leading international and national companies in high-tech, education and science, information technologies, engineering, microelectronics, energy efficiency (http://www.multitran.ru/
For the press accreditation, please contact Anna Pyatetska:
+38 067 402 77 28