News By Tag
News By Location
The Famous Grouse Experience Shortlisted For Distillery Visitor Experience Of The Year
The Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret Distillery in Crieff has been shortlisted for the Scottish Field’s Whisky Distillery Visitor Experience of the Year, one of only ten distilleries in Scotland to be selected for this prestigious title.
Lesley Williamson, business development manager of The Famous Grouse Experience commented:
“This is exceptionally good news to be shortlisted as one of Scotland’s Top Ten whisky distillery visitor experiences and the team here at the Distillery are delighted. We know we have a world class venue and an exceptional team, we are hoping that our visitors will help us reach the top spot by taking the time to vote for us.”
The public vote closes on 3rd October. To vote for The Famous Grouse Experience in The Scottish Field’s Whisky Challenge, visit www.scottishfield.co.uk/
For further information on this news release, please contact Tricia Fox, Volpa, Tel: 07989 955039 or 01738 658187, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
About Glenturret Distillery and The Famous Grouse Experience
· The Famous Grouse Experience is located at Scotland’s oldest working distillery – Glenturret. Originally established as a single malt distillery in 1775, today The Famous Grouse Experience is the most visited distillery in Scotland (welcoming an average of 100,000 visitors every year).
· The distillery offers the opportunity to learn how a single malt is made in the traditional way, as well as learning how some of the Glenturret single malt is then blended along with other grain and malt whiskies to create The Famous Grouse, the No. 1 whisky in the UK.
· Opening Hours 9am - 6pm. Three tours are currently available: The Experience Tour (includes 2 whisky tastes), The Seasonal Tour (includes 5 whisky tastes) and the Chocolate Connoisseur Tour (includes a private whisky tasting with matching chocolates). Tours start from £10. Children under 12 go free. The First Tour is at 9.30am & Last Tour at 4.30pm.
· For more information please visit www.thefamousgrouse.com or call 01764 656565
About The Famous Grouse (www.thefamousgrouse.com)
· The Famous Grouse is the No. 1 whisky in UK and No. 4 standard blended whisky worldwide (IWSR data 2012).
· The Famous Grouse has been the best-selling whisky in Scotland since 1980.
· The Famous Grouse is exported to over 100 countries.
· Created in 1896 by founder Matthew Gloag, it was originally called The Grouse Brand.
· The brand became so popular that on August 12th 1905 it was renamed The Famous Grouse.