News By Tag
News By Location
Speaker Update at the 13th annual Clinical Trials in CNS conference
SMi is proud to announce that Giulio Maria Pasinetti and Paul Francis have joined the programme for its 13th annual Clinical Trials in CNS conference.
Giulio Maria Pasinetti will be discussing shared genetic etiology by observing the epidemiological, clinical and experimental evidence that strongly suggests a causative role of type 2 diabetes in the onset and progression of Alzheimer’s disease. Furthermore, Paul Francis will discuss the value of brain donation by observing how post-mortem brain studies have advanced and changed dementia research.
These two additional speakers will provide a unique and interesting perspective on their research in clinical trials in CNS.
Full of timely presentations and case studies, this conference will give delegates the opportunity to Gain insight into improving clinical trial design and outcomes and will address the challenges faced in CNS research by looking at the latest pre-clinical and clinical studies.
Reasons to Attend:
- Gain insight into improving clinical trial design and outcomes
- Receive updates on progress in therapeutics for major CNS disorders: Alzheimer’s, MS, Parkinson’s and Schizophrenia
- Review challenges in trial endpoint selection and understand how to overcome them
- Consider perspectives on the future of CNS research, targets and drug development
- Discuss the benefits of industry and academic partnerships
- Tine Bryan Stensbøl, Divisional Director Discovery Pharmacology Research, Lundbeck
- Alan Palmer, Co-Founder and Director, MS Therapeutics
- Veronique Bragulat, Clinical Imaging Manager, GSK
- Sophie Dix, Senior Research Scientist, Neurodegenerative Disease Drug Hunting Team, Eli Lilly
- David Willé, Applied Statistician, GSK
- Peter Joseph Jongen, Founding Director, MS4 Research Institute
- Ernst-Wilhelm Radue, CEO, MIAC AG
- Edwin Johnson, Director, Stockholm Brain Institute
- Shahid Zaman, Affiliated Lecturer, University of Cambridge
For more information please visit: www.smi-online.co.uk/
If you would like to attend this conference as a delegate please contact Alex McCann on +44 (0) 207 827 6128 or e-mail amccann@smi-
If you are interested in sponsoring this event contact Alia Malick on +44 (0) 20 7827 6168 or email amalick@smi-
If you would like to become a media partner contact Sarah Watson on +44 (0) 20 7827 6134 or email swatson@smi-
+44 (0) 20 7827 6128