News By Tag
* Kinston Family Network
* Angela Williams
* Civic Group
* Kinstonians in the News
* More Tags...
News By Location
Kinston Family Network Appoints New Executive Director
Seeks Community Support & Makes Plans To Help Rebuild Kinston, NC.
Angela has recently moved back to the Kinston area in hopes of making a difference where needed. “My heart is to return home and to help with the many problems plaguing our youth, but first we simply must get back to FAMILY!” Angela says. Understanding she can’t do this alone, she is currently developing an Advisory Committee for the KFN and has initiated a worldwide Call To Action to current and former Kinston residents who care about this beloved city. “If you want your community to be a better place to live, don’t just sit back and wait for it to happen. Get involved!” Angela is doing just that! In fact, she has hit the ground running in her new role, developing Action Plans for ways she can get all stakeholders involved. Angela, like many others, is committed to making Kinston a better place to live and return to. She is encouraging other community leaders to step up and do the same, but urges them to be patient. “Realize that making your community a better place to live will not happen overnight. It will take time, energy and money to get the job done. Remember, don’t sit back and wait for it to happen. You have to get involved!”
Angela is the founder of ‘Straight Talk for Women Ministries’, a comprehensive, but candid approach to edifying women in the body of Christ. She is the facilitator for a weekly Tele-Conference each Thursday and hostess of ‘Straight Talk for Women Talk Show’ on BlogTalk Radio. Angela gives all glory to God who has transformed her life, marriage and ministry. Through seminars, retreats, and conferences, she has touched thousands of lives; and literally millions by way of radio and television. Angela has made numerous appearances on Christian television and is recognized by her unique voice and uncanny approach to matters involving women. Her radio program, Straight Talk, is heard by millions in the US and around the world. Just recently, Ireland and Australia have been added to her repertoire.
About the Kinston Family Network (KFN)
The KFN is an INTERNATIONAL, civic group founded on 7/9/09. Their MISSION is to provide additional support and resources to the city of Kinston, NC. They plan to achieve this through grassroots efforts to get the community more involved and by partnering with other entities who are already making great things happen. Their VISION is to serve as an online AND offline community network. Through this platform, local and international stakeholders will be able to stay connected, to engage in productive discussions regarding relevant issues and to share resources. JOIN the Kinston Family Network @ http://www.facebook.com/
More about Angela Williams:
• First President of Women’s Aglow Chapter, Lenoir County, NC.
• 2007 Keeper of the Dream Award, Lenoir County, NC
• South Carolina State President, Women-N-Power International Ministries
• Southeastern President of Women’s Ministries, Greenville, NC
• Founder of East Coast Women’s Conference (National)
• Who’s Who Among Women Award, Lenoir County, NC
• Zeta Phi Beta Womanhood Award • Key to the City of Kinston, NC
• Straight Talk For Women voted most popular radio broadcast, S/E, NC
• Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) appearance
• Black Entertainment Network (BET) Seminar on Healthy Marriages
• Salvation through Jesus Christ, March 1971
• Established Promised Land Child Care Center
• World For Christ Christian Academy (Grades 1st -8th)
• Angirudy Home Care / NC
• Grace Home Care & Behavioral Service /SC
• A.P.P.L.E.S. Child Development Center/SC
Visit Angela's Facebook Page @
Wanda Armstead Smith