Belvoir raises thousands for local charities
Generous franchise owners and staff from Belvoir have so far raised thousands of pounds for local charities in 2014, completing fire walks, charity auctions, cycle rides, sky dives and many other exciting events.
“Each year at Belvoir’s annual awards we acknowledge the charitable achievements of our offices, but this year our franchise owners have gone to so much effort and raised so much money for local good causes that I think it will be more difficult than ever for the judges to decide on the winners. I am incredibly proud of everyone who has committed their time and effort to help these wonderful charities and organisations.”
Highlights of the first half of 2014 include Jackie and Trevor Burns of Belvoir Newtownards who endured a series of gruelling challenges, including walking on a bed of red-hot coals, to raise over £400 for Cancer Focus.
Charlotte Baker and her team at Belvoir Melton Mowbray raised a whopping £730.17 through a charity Auction of Promises at their local country fair for the Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Rutland Air Ambulance Service, and Donna and David Burrell of Belvoir Boston, together with their eight-year-old son James, battled the elements to raise over £400 for their local hospice with a sponsored bike ride.
Over at Belvoir Macclesfield, the team raised over £600 for their local hospice by completing a Starlight Walk, whilst Craig Johnson and Matt Ziemann of Belvoir Newcastle-under-
Amanda Pemberton of Belvoir Warrington raised over £900 for Macmillan by completing her very first marathon, and in Belvoir Lincoln generous-hearted staff visited their local hospital to donate chocolate and goodies to help cheer up sick children.
“These are all amazing achievements,”
“Belvoir letting agents play an important role in their community and a lot of the money raised has come from landlords and tenants who are happy to support their charitable efforts.”
• Belvoir now have more than 160 offices nationwide. To find your nearest Belvoir office, visit their website at www.belvoirlettings.com (http://www.belvoirlettings.com)
NOTES TO EDITORS
· Belvoir was founded in February 1995 by Mike and Stephanie Goddard. Its Central Office is in Grantham, Lincolnshire.
· Mike was chairman of the bfa for three consecutive years and is currently the Chief Executive Officer of Belvoir. Dorian Gonsalves is Director of Commercial and Franchising. Dorian sits on the Board of The Property Ombudsman.
· Belvoir is recognised as one of the largest specialist lettings agency franchises in the UK, with 150+ offices nationwide and aims to have 200 franchises in the next three years.
· Belvoir was officially awarded the Best Lettings Agency Franchise – Gold Award at the 2014, 2013, 2012 and 2010 Lettings Agency of the Year Awards in association with The Sunday Times & The Times. Belvoir also won the Silver Award in 2011.
· Belvoir was voted Best Large Lettings Chain at the Estate & Letting Agent Awards (ESTAs) 2013, which was hosted by Phil Spencer, and won Silver in 2014. Belvoir has won Brand Builder of the Year at the bfa Franchisor of the Year Awards 2011 and Best Marketing Campaign of the Year at the Franchise Marketing Association (FMA) Awards 2011.
· Belvoir is a founder member of the SAFEagent Kitemark scheme, which is fully supported by NALS. SAFEagent promotes client money protection (CMP) and provides consumers with a clear message on those agents they should do business with.
· Belvoir successfully listed on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange on 21st February, 2012.
For further information or to arrange an interview with Dorian Gonsalves please contact Andrea McHugh, Headlines Journalism, tel: 01476 567438/07940 930 331