News By Tag
News By Place
Mom’s Table Helps Busy Roswell Families & Seniors Enjoy Homestyle Meals Without Burden Of Cooking
“Between dance rehearsals, Little League practices and the abundance of dual-working and single parents, today’s 21st century families are overwhelmed and spending less time together at the table,” said Mom’s Table Owner Joanne Rooks. “Our high-quality, to-go meals, which are also popular with seniors, provide a nutritious alternative to fast food. It’s like having your own chef. We do the cooking and all you have to do is refrigerate, reheat and eat.”
The pre-made meal concept also has other benefits in addition to time and cost savings. According to statistics provided by the CASA Columbia Family Day initiative, frequent family dinners can help reduce adolescent and teenage substance abuse.
“As a sponsor of CASA Family Day, which will take place on September 22 this year, my goal is to make mealtime matter,” said Rooks. “It brings me great fulfillment knowing our prepared meals offer an opportunity for families to communicate with each other and for parents to really listen to what’s on their kids’ minds.”
Made fresh daily, Mom’s Table traditional, ready-made meals from the summer menu include:
- Mom’s Table Famous Spaghetti Pie – Meat or vegetarian lasagna-type ingredients layered in a seasoned spaghetti crust
- Cranberry-Pecan Chicken Salad – Customers say it’s their favorite chicken salad
- Brunswick Stew – “Southern in a bowl,” full of chicken, beef, pork and a variety
- Mom’s Best Meatloaf – All lean beef, topped with tomato sauce
- Enchiladas – Lean chicken or beef, yellow rice, beans and seasonings rolled into corn tortillas and topped with enchilada sauce, cheese and olives
- Sides, such as cheesy broccoli-rice casserole, macaroni & cheese,
squash casserole, cheese biscuits and green beans
- Desserts, such as banana pudding and peanut butter pie
Mom’s Table prepared meals are also the perfect option for singles, people traveling on vacation, caretakers for the sick or elderly who need meal solutions, or new parents who do not have time to think about cooking as they adjust to parenthood. Those needing a “quick-fix”
Mom’s Table entrees range from $5.00 - $22.00, while individual lunch servings at The Luncheonette range from $2.00 to $7.95.
About Mom’s Table
Since 2008, Mom’s Table has offered fresh, ready-made meals to go for anyone wanting to save time and money compared to traditional cooking. Just refrigerate, reheat and eat. Located in historic Roswell, Ga., on Canton Street, Mom’s Table also has a dine-in location in Roswell off of Grimes Bridge Road, The Luncheonette, where patrons can enjoy individual servings for lunch. For more information, visit www.momstableonline.com.