Top 5 Reasons Hermosa Palms is an Ideal Development for Expats
For those looking to own a vacation home in Costa Rica, or relocate in luxury during retirement, Hermosa Palms is an ideal development for expats to check out.
The Ackermans are announcing this hidden community because they found it particularly well-designed, well-maintained, and appropriate for American expats contemplating a move to Costa Rica. A few homes are on the beach while most have ocean views. Prices range from the low $400,000s to $1,100,000.
There are five things that set this neighborhood apart:
1. It’s a well-maintained gated community. The community sports a guardhouse and the guards provide 24/7 security. The guards offer assistance when needed and help to keep an eye on rentals during the homeowner’s absence. In addition, the public arenas of the neighborhood have been landscaped to add an element of class and sophistication. The roads within the neighborhood are paved and maintained.
2. There’s a community center and beachside community pool. These facilities bring together the neighborhood and provide an immediate unifying medium for the international expats that have decided to call Hermosa Palms home.
3. It’s got well-appointed homes on reasonable lots. Many developments in Costa Rica offer lots that run to an acre or more. Sometimes a person doesn’t want that much land to deal with. What they want is a well-thought out floor plan and detailed finishing in a home. Hermosa Palms has 110 lots, 62 finished homes, and more under construction. Each home is a unique and well-designed home that uses the same “building blocks” (kitchen, dining room, patio, living room, bedrooms, bathrooms, etc.) in varied fashions. The overall styles of the homes differ. In one home the theme is decidedly modern, while in another it is traditional. Regardless, the devil is in the details and the homes are impeccably finished. Many homes come fully furnished and are move-in ready.
4. It’s in a convenient location. Hermosa Palms resides on Hermosa Playa about 20 minutes south of Jacó and is a 1.5-hour drive from the major international airport in San Jose.
5. There is plenty to do and enjoy around the development. There’s deep-sea fishing, beach lounging, eco-adventure opportunities, relaxing and intimate restaurants. Then there’s surfing; the development sits on the surfing mecca of the central Pacific coast in Costa Rica. The conditions are ideal for surfing nearly year round, and there’s an annual surfing competition held between Hermosa Playa and Jacó. There’s the 3-mile stretch of chocolate sand beach to explore. Then, just an hour down the road to the south is Manuel Antonio National Park, arguably the nation’s most popular national park. Jacó, to the north, provides nightlife, many restaurants and shopping. Plus, much more.
Margo and Jeff Ackerman relocated to Costa Rica a number of years ago and now share their experiences and other tips regarding Costa Rica in hopes of helping others contemplating a similar move. If you are interested in subscribing to their blog or to keep up to date on the property listings they are gathering, please sign up at http://ackermanrealtyinternational.com/