News By Tag
News By Location
During summer months, Solar Thermal energy can contribute towards nearly all of your hot water needs
Did you know: Water heating accounts for approximately 25% of the total energy used in a typical single-family home. An electric water heater is the single biggest energy user of all appliances in the home.
By: renewable planet
Invest now: visit website (http://www.renewableplanet.co.uk/#!
Benefits of Solar Thermal:
- One of the cheapest and most established of all the renewable energy technologies
- Provides approximately half of your hot water requirements across the year
- Reduced boiler usage
- Good investment
- Reduces your Carbon Footprint
- Cuts the cost of heating hot water by up to 70% on average
- Covers up to 100% of your summer requirements free with your solar system
- Take advantage of the Renewable Heat Incentive
- Tailored Solar packages to boost your heating with flexible options; in-roof, on-roof and horizontal collectors and also freestanding units
- Hardened, hail-proof solar glass
- Solar Keymark tested
- 10 year warranty
- Tested to the Austian Solar quality seal standard
The RHI is aimed to eliminate cost differences between renewable heating systems and traditional alternatives for those living off the gas grid.
The RHI will be paid on each kWh of renewable heat generated and payments are made quarterly for seven years (based on a 20 year expected use).
The eliminated contribution of the Solar Thermal system to the property's hot water demand (in kWh) that is calculated as part of the MCS installation process shown on the MCS certificate.
On top of the annual savings that will be made on the energy bills, an average total annual RHI will be around £354.30 (based on an RHI rate of 19.2p/kWh for a 4 person home with 2 panels).