PGA Legend Doug Sanders to Host Final Celebrity Classic Golf Tournament on Sept. 19
Tourney seeks players and sponsors for celebrity-filled event
Among the numerous celebrities confirmed for the Classic include NFL legends Mike Ditka, Don Shula and Dan Pastorini, as well as entertainers such as Pat Boone, Peter Marshall and Charley Pride. More celebrities are expected to be announced soon.
“It’s with a heavy heart that I’ve decided to make the 2014 Classic, my final one as host,” said Sanders. “The original idea for the tournament was to try and help relieve some of the financial pressures on several important charities. I have been fortunate through the years to have so many friends and fans turn out to support these initiatives with nearly one million dollars raised since the Classic’s inception.”
The day’s festivities at the Classic include:
· Golf Tournament – The shotgun start begins at 11am. A celebrity will be paired with each foursome and there are spot prizes throughout the course.
· Cocktail Party – Enjoy complementary appetizers and drinks with Sanders and all the other celebrities at the “19th hole” held at the Marriott.
· Silent & Live Auction – Bid on amazing, one-of-a-kind items.
· Gala Dinner & Entertainment – Along with a fine meal, there will be multiple entertainers throughout the evening and awards will handed out to event winners.
Known for his stylish and flamboyant clothes on the golf course, Sanders was nicknamed the “Peacock of the Fairways.” He won 20 Championships on the PGA Tour, which are more than all but three golfers in the last 40 years (Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson and V.J. Singh).
Sanders’ owns one of the world’s most valuable golf memorabilia collections. He seeks a partner such as a recognizable museum or sports complex to house these valuable assets. The collection includes:
· Golf bags signed by the winners of golf’s four major championships during the past 51 years.
· Golf bags signed by the Apollo 12 astronauts and the past eight U.S. Presidents.
· 4,000 signed golf gloves, ranging from Ben Hogan to Jack Nicklaus to Tiger Woods.
· Hundreds of golf flags signed from tournaments around the world.
· Thousands of pairs of golf shoes, signed golf balls and tons of golf equipment.
For nearly 20 years, he has sponsored the Doug Sanders International Junior Golf Championship. The Championship brings together young players from six continents for an annual competition held mainly in Scotland and the United States. Sanders contributions have benefited a number of organizations including: Texas Special Olympics, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Sunshine Kids, Depelchin Children's Home, Ronald McDonald House, Camp Periwinkle, Easter Seals and a $100,000 donation to the Betty Ford Center, as well as $176,000 to the UMCF.
Among the early sponsors for this year’s Classic include The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel, Sewell Cadillac and Parducci Wine Cellars.
Entry fee is $2,500 for individual players and sponsorships are available ranging from $1,000 to $50,000. Registration and sponsorship forms can found online at www.DougSanders.com or by calling Stuart Barton at 404-429-1315 or emailing him at email@example.com.
The Doug Sanders Celebrity Classic officially offers 501c3 non-profit status to its event sponsors and organization donors.
CO&P Integrated Marketing